Free ranging 10 week old poults

ChickenCrazy01

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 15, 2011
I have 2 10 week old BBB poults that are now in the big turkey coop that we just built for them. They were in a large cage but started attacking my hand when I would feed and water them. They have been in the new big coop for almost 2 weeks now and still will chase you when you go in and get the waterer to refill. I want to start maybe to let them free range during the day but is 10 weeks too late to start free ranging. I am afraid they will fly off or run away.

I started free ranging my 5 week old poults yesterday with my 5 week old chicks but I put them back up after a few hours. I am afraid with the BBB being bigger birds I will have a time chasing after them as they aren't the "friendliest" birds.

i tamed mine down with mealworms and scrambled eggs. they would peck at my hands expecting me to have something which may be what yours were doing. they follow me everytime i go out expecting me to bring them something. they are free ranging in around a half acre that has a electric fence. i keep there wings clipped just in case but they have learned to respect the fence. they have become my favorite poultry.

Back
Top Bottom