FREE RIR Rooster, 7 months old, Conroe Texas

nursemeh

Songster
11 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Conroe, Texas
Want to breed your own Rhode Island Reds?? Want a protector for your free range flock?
Want some tasty chicken stew from a healthy free range bird?

28316_img_5335.jpg

28316_img_5101.jpg

I will meet you anywhere between 1488 and Hwy 59, south of Huntsville and North of 1960, if you will just please take this rooster off my hands.
I just can't bring myself to do the deed!!!!

Mary

well, that's over an hours drive for me. But I appreciate your interest! From looking at your BYC pages, it seems he would have a nice home.
Maybe if I could make the drive on a beautiful day when my kids and I could also enjoy Sam Houston National Forest. gee- any beautiful days ahead?

I'll have to think about it. I am ready to get rid of him and each time I think someone's going to take him,it seems to fall thru! I had no idea it was this hard to get rid of a rooster!

He's such a nice guy but he's taking up space and also I feel its stressful for my 3 hens to have him around. I was reading your blog just now and trying to motivate myself to butcher him- but alas, I just don't think I have it in me.

I'll talk to my husband. I wish he would just kill him for me, but my husband likes having the rooster around!

We are busy this weekend. But we homeschool and so are very flexible during the week.

If I decide to make the drive, would you be ready to take him next week, have a quarantine area set up already? oh, if you are wanting to eat him- that's ok, just don't tell me about it!

Also, would you be willing to sell me a 4-5 mo old pullet, to replace to rooster? All I ever wanted was 4 hens! I wish I had room for more like you do, but we've got just enough space to keep 4 healthy and happy and I like letting them free range around the yard- and more than that could get crazy!

Mary

Yes, i could take him next week.

There might be the possibility of meeting in Conroe on a weekend if we can time it right.

As to the pullets, are you interested in a particular breed? I have rir, buff orps, and barred rocks. I will talk to my husband about that possibility and let you know. They will be 20 weeks on the 27th of this month. All of the pullets i have are that same age.

Also, i don't know where you live, but my house is only about 40 minutes from Conroe proper - maybe a little longer when you haven't made the trip before. My friends drive from Cut-n-shoot and Panorama Village in about half an hour.

Great!!

If you "back out" you'll be the third person I have made a deal to give this rooster to. I sure hope that the third times the charm!

He's so big and nice looking- I think you'll be happy with him.

Google Maps told me it would be an hour- but it probably won't take that long, like you said. we aren't in the city limts of Conroe proper, we are just south, east of I-45, behind Oak Ridge North.

I was just asking about you selling a pullet, just in case, ya know? I just emailed somebody that just posted a listing for a RIR laying hen for $12.

I like the idea of a proven layer. After months of feeding that free loading rooster-haha!

It might be neat to just swap the RIR rooster for the RIR hen- what will the other hens think!!

of course, the quarantine will "tip them off" to the switch-haha!

anyway, we can drive out there next week, on the first half-way sunny-not rainy day, if that's ok with you.
I think my kids, might like to see where he is going to "live" That might make them happy-haha!
Just don't tell them if you plan to eat him!!

Mary

Back
Top Bottom