FREE! Roosevelt-OrpX Cutie-Roo FREE!! N. Ga. Mtns.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jul 7, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This very hefty 9 week old cockerel is out of a Blue Orp rooster (Suede) over RIR/Buff Orp hen (Meg, who is out of exhibition size Buff Orp stock). Though his name is Roosevelt, he is affectionately known as "Baby Huey" and is 1/3 larger than his pure Orp brother ; currently with his broody mama. She is beginning to let him go now, so I need him to have a nice home where he can belong. Pickup only, won't ship. I'm in Fannin County, GA, right at the NC line.

Here he is roosting with his broody mama (not his biological mother)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    he is so pretty!

3. speckledhen

Thanks, Sarah, he is very handsome and I'm starting to become attached. Someone help me, puleeeeeze! [​IMG]

4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I love it when they have junk in their trunk. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

[​IMG] Laree, your avatar always cracks me up. I know that glare! Used it many times with my own sons.

6. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Quote:She's my hero. One day I will perfect the stink-eye, and brandish it like a sword of justice.

I just have to be careful not to purse my lips (kissy-face-style) like my dad does. He never likes it when I laugh when he is trying to be all "scary" [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

Roosevelt's broody mama is not feeding him any longer. Guess it's normal, seeing as how he's 9 weeks old. She tries to run from him with her food, so his days as a baby with mama are pretty much over now. I sure hope someone will give him a chance-he's so handsome, pics don't do him justice.

8. Rodeoclown1189

Rodeoclown1189 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    East TN
    if only i could find a way for someone to bring him around athens tn i would get him. hes beautiful

9. speckledhen

Athens isn't all that far from me, really. I'm about 12 miles from Copperhill, TN and I think around 60 miles or so from Athens. Probably take you an hour and a half or less, I'd think, but with gas prices, I understand not wanting to take any extra trips.

10. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    Yeah, Athens isn't far for you. I made it with a big detour (and after driving the wrong way for a good while).

There probrably is a faster way to get there than I took (sorry Cynthia for being so late). I took 68 and misjudged the time completely.

You should go get him!! Go!!

(what breeds do you have in Athens? I'm always looking.)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by