Free Rooster

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 6Whittiers, Jan 11, 2016.

1. 6Whittiers

6Whittiers New Egg

Jan 11, 2016
    Hi All, new to BYC! New to raising chickens as well. We thought we received all hens, but recently realized one was a rooster! He is big and beautiful with fuzzy feathers and teal on his sides, with feathers down his legs. The only info I have is he is a fancy chicken, if that is even such a thing! Ha, I don't know much at all!! We aren't allowed to have a rooster in our town even though our property is over 2 acres, so we are trying to find a home for him here in CT

2. beb444

beb444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2015
    Northern CA
    You might want to add a photo of him:)

3. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

Hello and :welcome
    We are glad you joined us!
    If you are trying to find a new home for him you might want to make a new thread in the rehoming section of the threads. There you will get a lot of other people who might want him. Make sure to post pictures on there too. If you want I can give you a link to get there fast.

4. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hope you find a good home for your roo.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You need 20 posts in order to participate in the BYC buy,sell, trade forum - they do have a category for rehoming birds. He sounds like an interesting bird - a photo might very well draw a lot of responses. You could post photo at" what breed or gender is this, " to determine if he is a less common breed. If so, more folks may be interested in him.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by