Free Silkie Roos Los Angeles area

Victoria215

Chirping
Jan 11, 2012
Los Angeles, Ca.
Hi everyone-

Need some help. We have silkie roos that need to be re-homed. Neighbors don't want them around anymore. It breaks our heart to give them up, but we don't have a choice , therefore, would like them to go to a loving home. Thank you.

I know the feeling, I am having to re-home my puff ball sweety too. Though I wish you luck re-homing yours, I am having trouble trying to re-home mine. :)

Last edited:
It's tough, but we are determined to get them a good home. Even if they're not together. Do you know anything about shipping full grown chickens (2lbs...LOL)? We've had some people ask, but I don't feel right about it. I don't trust the methods or the people handling the transportation.

Good luck to you too.
smile.png

Sadly I do not. Though I don't trust them either. I tried not to cry. Epic fail. Why is it illegal to have a rooster and legal to have yappy barking dogs. I bought in my roo to give the neighbors a breK.

We do the same...every night they sleep in the house. Unfortunately there are times when schedule changes occur & the boys need to be out earlier. Earlier than the late night neighbor boys want to be woken up. They make no secret of it either.

Hopefully we will find a loving home where they can live out their lives... soon.

Same here. Same here. I just checked with local rescues and farms who are rooster groups. Several have over 50 and most are full, there are not a lot around either. I have also looked into de-crowing or "rooster neutering" $500-$1000. The vet said there was a lot of requests for that operation, and it it not always, most often not, sucessful. I have mine on craigs list and a possible last resort, two friends who might be able to take him in. I am a little nervous putting him outside. He crows at various points during the day and I do not want to provoke the neighbors any further. I ended up crying over night over this. Its noon and he is crowing now, I don't think its the crowing that keeps me from putting him outside its that he's illegal but during work outs, he should be safe to put outside right?

Shipping is about $50-60. You need to buy a poultry box. Can you post pictures or color and quality of your roos?

Pix of our roos are under my profile. The black one is show quality. Both have been raised by our family since they were 3 wks old. They hatched last February. Fed organic food, fresh vegies, fruit & yogurt. Free range during the day, sleep in a custom coop at night (except recently-they have been sleeping in our house due to the neighbors). They do a great job watching over our mini flock of girls.

This was the same problem we encountered. Unfortunately, the crowing has no rhyme or reason...midnight, 2am, 3am, 5am, Noon, 2pm, 4pm. Sometimes they can crow for an hour non stop. I don't know how they keep it up. All I can say, is I wish I knew then, what I know now about roosters. It would have saved our family a whole lot of heartache. Good luck re-homing.

Back
Top Bottom