FREE to Good Home in Sheridan OR area: 9 wk. Delaware Heritage Roo

ChickLit

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
Sheridan, Oregon
The little Delaware Heritage pullet I brought home from Chick Day about 8 weeks ago and named Lizzie has turned out to be someone completely different...it turns out that "Lizzie" is actually a "Lester." It's breaking my heart, but I'm not going to be able to keep this gorgeous boy
hit.gif
and I'm looking for someone who can give him a happy home & a good life. He's been raised with 4 girls, and I know he likes to have company.

He hasn't started crowing much yet...he lets out a couple of his little baby I-haven't-found-my-big-boy-voice-yet crows in the morning when I get the chicks up...it's awfully cute, since he gets this really satisfied look on his face
smile.png
and then thinks he's all that and does this crazy bobbing & weaving dance with his head.

One of the fun things about him is that he has great big green monster feet! He's got a sweet personality, and his favorite treat is spaghetti
smile.png
He will make an incredible pet for someone.

I couldn't put him up for auction, and I definitely couldn't bear to ship him...he is free, local pickup only. We're located in the Sheridan/Willamina/Dallas/McMinnville area off of Hwy 22 toward the coast.

76e61b6e.jpg
1306ff30.jpg
7a863ed7.jpg
9d627752.jpg
32e83d7c.jpg
14319e1f.jpg
adea88ae.jpg
0723f96b.jpg
f744268d.jpg
3008c840.jpg

Last edited:
I am sorry...that is definitely not a Delaware rooster...you may want to do some research on what you have. Maybe even post pics on byc asking people to identify him.

Delawares are white with black spotted hackles and barred tails. They have yellow legs and single combs.

Upon closer inspection..that's a very pretty EE roo you've got there! The pea comb..muff, albeit a sparse one and the green legs are a giveaway. You do have a delaware pullet in one of your pics.

Last edited:
Thank you!! The feed store had Lester in the bin marked "Delawares" ... sheesh. He's an Easter Egger?? Better change the title
smile.png
Good thing I have lots of pictures.

It must be little Maggie, with him in the picture, that really is a Delaware.

You've been a major help, and I appreciate it!!

Back
Top Bottom