Freecycle jackpot

jackiedon

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Central Arkansas
I got about 15 sheets (3'x5') of hardware cloth from freecycle!!! It was an older man so I took them a dozen of eggs. Boy did I start a problem. Some of the eggs were ee eggs some blue and some green. Of course when I package eggs I just put different kinds white, brown, blue, and green then some are big and some are small. The man put a thank you on freecycle about the blue eggs and how good they are. Now everyone wants to know about the eggs. The admin put a note saying it would be appropriate to put the post on the cafe forum. So I emailed the admin asking her if she wanted some and she said yes and asked if she could come see the chickens.

jackie

Congratulations, recruiting new members to the madness one at a time. Resistance is futile. Sounds like you are going to be taking a few orders, and get some nice clients addicted.....with eggs or pullets.....I got some EE eggs from a freecycler, which made me buy an EE last spring, only I got brown eggs from Sophia until the dog attack......
hit.gif

My mom who has/had been very supportive can not wrap her mind around green eggs, she recalls watching a couple of chicks fight over a bacon rind as a child and being amused for hours just watching them, she even had the savvy to ask me why I had a cockerel in such a small flock of 3, but no way would she be able to eat a green egg. Even after I explained that the egg was the same just the shell was green. So its been my experience that people love/hate them, no in between.......I am on the love side myself......

So I am starting over with a new flock of 4 with 1 EE
fl.gif
here's hoping that I will be blessed with blue or green this time....

oooohhhhhhhh! I am soooooooo jealous! I got my chickens cuz I wanted fresh, natural eggs. Now I want MORE chickens so I can sell eggs, and MORE coops and, and, and..........sigh, I am SO ADDICTED!
lol.png
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom