Freedom Rangers

It interesting to here that the black strain seems weaker than the Tri colours,Redbro's, and Yellow strains. That's something I would not expect that... Interesting I have an Idea what's going on with that black strain but don't want to say for sure
You don't even want to drop a hint???

I have 24 generation 3 red ranger fertile eggs in the incubator. The 1st Rooster died this year at 2 1/2 and I am not sure about the hens but wehave lost some. I hope to hatch most of the 24 and save some for breeding but the old saying of don't count your chickens before they hatch is so true.

I have 24 generation 3 red ranger fertile eggs in the incubator. The 1st Rooster died this year at 2 1/2 and I am not sure about the hens but wehave lost some. I hope to hatch most of the 24 and save some for breeding but the old saying of don't count your chickens before they hatch is so true.
3rd generation. congrats! I know FR are not supposed to breed true. What is your experience? Do they seem to mature as quickly as the ones from the original batch?

They seem to breed what looks to be pure so far but I will wait till they hatch next week. This is my experiment with a sustainable meat breed. With all the eggs we get it offsets the cost of feeding them year round. As far as how quickly they grow it seems just as fast as generation #1

They seem to breed what looks to be pure so far but I will wait till they hatch next week. This is my experiment with a sustainable meat breed. With all the eggs we get it offsets the cost of feeding them year round. As far as how quickly they grow it seems just as fast as generation #1
Good to know. Thanks for sharing your experiment

Well here is gen 3 at week 1. Now I have a broody Ranger on the nest for 1 week! Not holding my breath on this, I had Jersey Giants do this and crush them at week 2 due to the size but I am hoping.

Back
Top Bottom