Freeloader?

emptynesters970

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2015
NOCO
Our ladies are 8 months old. Our BRs were the first to lay at around 22 weeks. Our EE and OE followed a few weeks later. We still have one EE is has not laid a single egg and if you look at her body, she just looks different. No crowing but she is the bossy one. Any thoughts?

I know i have 2 roos that are 6 months old and neither one of them crows the 3rd one does. I also have have several hens who haven't started laying yet even though they have reddened wattles and combs. They can be quite bossy one will even attack the roos

Our ladies are 8 months old. Our BRs were the first to lay at around 22 weeks. Our EE and OE followed a few weeks later. We still have one EE is has not laid a single egg and if you look at her body, she just looks different. No crowing but she is the bossy one. Any thoughts?

Could you post a photo?

Ct

Here she is on the left

She could just be a late bloomer too. Some EE take up to 9+ Months. Has her pea comb started to redden yet?

One of my EE didn't start laying until she was around 7 months. I thought she'd never lay an egg after the trauma she went through then one day I was feeding here and there was a pretty blue egg in her condo. ( Yes I said condo. She has her own condo inside the coop. She gets picked on because she's so passive and won't fight back.)

Here she is on the left
She's definitely a hen. My EE hen hid her eggs for the first several weeks, until I figured out what she was doing and locked her in. Now, she lays in the nest, even though she is allow to free range.

She may also be a late maturing hen. Winter months can slow down egg production sometimes.

That is definitely a hen. Is there anywhere where she may be hiding eggs? 

She could just be a late bloomer too.  Some EE take up to 9+ Months.  Has her pea comb started to redden yet? 

Thanks for all of the replies. There are no eggs in the run and we know all other layers by egg color. Her comb has been red for a few months I guess we will have to wait. It would be easier if she had a nice personality! :D

Back
Top Bottom