Freeloaders no more - 1st egg finally!

A BIG congrats on your egg !!! I've been getting mine for a little better then a month now and it's like a sacred ritual for me to pick up the few eggs ! I do give a few away to friends....GOD FORBID !!! DO NOT USE THEM TO BAKE WITH !!! Somebody told me her DH boiled them for egg salad ! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! I guess I just really savior that nice orange yolk and I want all to see them. Sooo proud of my girls ! I have about 20 that should start to produce in the next month or so...some are now turning red in their faces. Enjoy !
Liz
Rochester, MA

Quote:
How cool! Do you know from which bird or not? I have 11 hens in that coop and 3 were showing signs, but not sure which one. Two Barred Rocks and one Black Australop all looked ready.

Congrats to you also!!!
smile.png

Quote:
How cool! Do you know from which bird or not? I have 11 hens in that coop and 3 were showing signs, but not sure which one. Two Barred Rocks and one Black Australop all looked ready.

Congrats to you also!!!
smile.png

Thank you!

No, i have 20 on the brink of laying, and i might be able to narrow it down to the 12 most likely based on their faces and wattle/comb development. Other than that, it's their little secret. I have no idea how i'll ever know unless i watch them do the laying.

How old are your pullets? Mine are 19 1/2 weeks.

Quote:

Congrats to you also!!!
smile.png

Thank you!

No, i have 20 on the brink of laying, and i might be able to narrow it down to the 12 most likely based on their faces and wattle/comb development. Other than that, it's their little secret. I have no idea how i'll ever know unless i watch them do the laying.

How old are your pullets? Mine are 19 1/2 weeks.

Mine are 20 weeks and 6 days today.

Back
Top Bottom