freeloaders!

The freeloading has become worse. :|

Remember the two silkies I mentioned? The only two hens that were laying? Well, as of today, they are both broody. BOTH of them. So, no more eggs AT ALL. I can't believe it- I have 49 chickens, I am going to have to go to the grocery store and BUY eggs.

barnie.gif
he.gif
th.gif
hit.gif
:thun
rant.gif
somad.gif
tongue.gif

I was thinking about letting these two sit on some hatching eggs for me since they obviously aren't going to do too much else, but then I thought: why would I want to do that? So I can hatch more freeloading chickens so I can spend more money on feed and still not get any eggs? I don't THINK so!*

And anyway, I have over two dozen eggs (freeloading-chickens-to-be)in the incbator right now... I can put those eggs (freeloading-chickens-to-be) under the broodies (therefore non-laying, therefore freeloading hens) and THEY can hatch out the mini-freeloaders instead of me having to do it!!!

*Types this while looking on eBay/EggBid for more hatching eggs
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I thought I had it bad, mine will be 1 year old this Easter.

I have not had an egg since before Thanksgiving. But I only have 2.......thinking they are on strike, they have yet to give me a list of demands, but I am thinking mealworms is on it since they have never enjoyed one......Why should I buy freeloaders treats? What about my wants, my needs........like some eggs dag nap it......

Back
Top Bottom