Freeloading chicks

The broomstick method is very easy to do. You put the chicken on the ground, put the broomstick behind their head, and pull on their feet. You will have cervical dislocation if you do it right. Pull too hard and their head will come off, which isin't as terrible as it sounds because at least you are positive that the chicken is dead. That's what I prefer to do actually. Hubby didn't pull hard enough one time but we thought the hen was gone. Well, she got up and flew across the yard! We had to catch her and do it again, head came off the second time. We have also slit the throat of a rooster we were butchering but I prefer the broomstick method

Anyone you can gift them to who would just want them as pets? Seems harsh to use them for what they can do then cull them due to “age”. What is this, the military? Chew you up and spit you out…
That’s what I would try to do first. But…not my chickens

Anyone you can gift them to who would just want them as pets? Seems harsh to use them for what they can do then cull them due to “age”. What is this, the military? Chew you up and spit you out…
No. This isn't the military. They are livestock. Livestock have a purpose and that is to feed us. Those who treat them that way try to give them a good life and a quick, clean death.

Giving them away has been suggested. So has culling. The OP can decide what is best for them, with no judgement from any of us

Yes I know they're not great layers but I got them because I live in Michigan and it's super cold and I thought you know never again because they did not lay well at all even in the beginning lol but I love my girls that being said

Back
Top Bottom