Freeze to death?

She does ok….and by button standards she’s reaching old age……she probably laid about 2-3dozen eggs this year but I’m not sure how much longer she will lay. If she starts showing too much stress from the weather, I will move her to the heated shed area. All the other critters go in and out on their own but I’ve never seen her go in.
Aww bless the old girl- I think she could do with some retirement spoiling

I think I am going to get a big rabbit indoor cage and they can come inside. Maybe they can re-bond with Marshmellow who they kept attacking after we moved house. Marshmellow has been living with my daughter in her bedroom

Not a bad idea as long as you can supervise. My boyfriend was worried they’d be too cold moving them from the brooder to our 20c bedroom today! Just make sure you get one with a a front opening.

0FF71A7C-9E6E-4D60-AA63-879CF9A077EB.jpeg

Aww bless the old girl- I think she could do with some retirement spoiling

Not a bad idea as long as you can supervise. My boyfriend was worried they’d be too cold moving them from the brooder to our 20c bedroom today! Just make sure you get one with a a front opening.

View attachment 2919445
Hi, thanks we got a massive cage like yours but the 140cm width one. Just need to make some more hiding holes for them. FYI if you want to pop some wood pellets in there. They love pecking them into dust then bathing in it. keeps them occupied

I think I am going to get a big rabbit indoor cage and they can come inside. Maybe they can re-bond with Marshmellow who they kept attacking after we moved house. Marshmellow has been living with my daughter in her bedroom
Hi, thanks we got a massive cage like yours but the 140cm width one. Just need to make some more hiding holes for them. FYI if you want to pop some wood pellets in there. They love pecking them into dust then bathing in it. keeps them occupied
Ooh nice and big! I’d be tempted to get too many if I had one quite that size that’s awesome. There are so many cute little hides online. I’ve got foam inside them in case they get stupid and hit their heads but so far they’ve never jumped around inside. I use wood pellets for my ferrets actually and love how convenient it is to get now it’s more common for cats and not just horses like it used to be. I thought about it but I think my cinnamon male isn’t too bright and would just eat it lol. Maybe less inclined if I don’t hydrate the pellets but I feel weird about them being on hard uneven surfaces. He eats his bathing sand but at least it’s grit 😅 I am thinking about moving my snake on to pellets though. The damp issue in my home is causing higher humidity in their tank than I’d like. Maybe I’ll try them on pellets once my bale runs out, I have like 6 months+ worth of Aspen to get rid of! It does get everywhere...

Ooh nice and big! I’d be tempted to get too many if I had one quite that size that’s awesome. There are so many cute little hides online. I’ve got foam inside them in case they get stupid and hit their heads but so far they’ve never jumped around inside. I use wood pellets for my ferrets actually and love how convenient it is to get now it’s more common for cats and not just horses like it used to be. I thought about it but I think my cinnamon male isn’t too bright and would just eat it lol. Maybe less inclined if I don’t hydrate the pellets but I feel weird about them being on hard uneven surfaces. He eats his bathing sand but at least it’s grit 😅 I am thinking about moving my snake on to pellets though. The damp issue in my home is causing higher humidity in their tank than I’d like. Maybe I’ll try them on pellets once my bale runs out, I have like 6 months+ worth of Aspen to get rid of! It does get everywhere...
Our guys do well on pellets. Hay was too smelly tbh and shavings too messy

Sorry I packed up their coop. They had an outside area and an inside. Inside had 2 nesting boxes and rhe whole thing was about 4 inches deep in hay.

Back
Top Bottom