French Black Copper Marans Hatched and More Hatching - pics!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jt673, Oct 12, 2010.

1. jt673

jt673 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2010
    WE HAVE FRENCH BLACK COPPER MARANS BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is our first hatch experience and could not have done it without the great folks at this forum!!! A wealth of information and encouragement. Thank you! [​IMG]

STD and BANT Barnevelders, Australorps, and Partridge Cochins due later this week!!

The pics are not as good as I hoped and will take more later when they dry :)

Our first baby hatched around 2am...this one is from one of our girls in our flock out in the coop. She was still fertile 2 weeks after being with a roo!!!
    [​IMG]

This is the 2nd one, our daughter's egg...it was supposedly not fertile. Looks pretty fertile to me, YAY!!
    [​IMG]

The 3rd baby hatched this morning around 10am. I watched her come out of her shell.
    [​IMG]

All 3, there are 3 more with pips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

YAY!!! [​IMG]

I had four FBCM chicks in my incubator this morning, so I know EXACTLY how you feel! And one Salmon Favorelle in another... I can hardly wait to see these all dry and fluffed up when I get home from work tonight!!

Congrats!!

3. jt673

jt673 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2010
    Congrats to you too!!! I see on your signature that you have Cayugas too. We have 3 Cayugas as well. How neat.

I am looking forward to them fluffing up too. So far 6 out of 9 have hatched. 1 did not look to have too much development before lock down, but I kept it in there just in case. The other 2 have not pipped yet. I am keeping an eye out though while the others dry out. I think I will move them tonight into a brooder, just nervous about opening the incubator.

Congrats again to you and thank you! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by