French Black Copper Marans Hatched and More Hatching - pics!

jt673

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 26, 2010
WE HAVE FRENCH BLACK COPPER MARANS BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

This is our first hatch experience and could not have done it without the great folks at this forum!!! A wealth of information and encouragement. Thank you!
love.gif

STD and BANT Barnevelders, Australorps, and Partridge Cochins due later this week!!

The pics are not as good as I hoped and will take more later when they dry :)

Our first baby hatched around 2am...this one is from one of our girls in our flock out in the coop. She was still fertile 2 weeks after being with a roo!!!
66404_cimg0221.jpg

This is the 2nd one, our daughter's egg...it was supposedly not fertile. Looks pretty fertile to me, YAY!!
66404_cimg0225.jpg

The 3rd baby hatched this morning around 10am. I watched her come out of her shell.
66404_cimg0227.jpg

All 3, there are 3 more with pips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
66404_cimg0238.jpg

Last edited:
YAY!!!
wee.gif

I had four FBCM chicks in my incubator this morning, so I know EXACTLY how you feel! And one Salmon Favorelle in another... I can hardly wait to see these all dry and fluffed up when I get home from work tonight!!

Congrats!!

Congrats to you too!!! I see on your signature that you have Cayugas too. We have 3 Cayugas as well. How neat.

I am looking forward to them fluffing up too. So far 6 out of 9 have hatched. 1 did not look to have too much development before lock down, but I kept it in there just in case. The other 2 have not pipped yet. I am keeping an eye out though while the others dry out. I think I will move them tonight into a brooder, just nervous about opening the incubator.

Congrats again to you and thank you!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom