French frogs

I never was afraid of Friday, but it did start from the posts out of nowhere. I'm not saying I will stop
hide.gif
ing, but there is a time and place. I get too carried away sometimes.
Truth be told, she is one of 3 members of this thread that I have the most respect for. The other two are Amy P and Walnut. They've been around through all of the ups and downs of the original group, but generally stay out of the fray and only post when they have something to say. I look at this thread like a TV show, and everyone is a character. Those are the characters that don't speak much, but are a huge reason I enjoy BYC as much as I do.
Really, as much
smack.gif
ing as I do, it was a show of respect to always
hide.gif
from Friday

hide.gif

OK, yes, I'm strange. Yes, I've been avoiding this thread (but partly because it's a pain in the pick-a-body-part to trim down quotes on mobile, and I've not had time to get on my computer the last few days...) because it freaks me out when someone says they respect me, and I can't figure out why (both interpretations of that bit of the sentence are valid--not being able to figure out why that person respects me, and not being able to figure out why it freaks me out). I still distinctly remember an issue on h2g2 (that site I've been a part of since 2001) where some well-known, respected members said, basically, that they didn't know the truth of the matter, but, if I said that something was so, they believed me. (Hm, saying it like that makes it sound less than it was--I'm a bit hobbled by the fact that promises were made to not discuss the details... Without naming names, I think I can say that a new member was accused of being an old member that had been banned for life, and had snuck back a couple of times with new IDs (and had been accused of opening other accounts that yet another person admitted later that he'd opened as parodies)--I had proof that the new account was not opened by the person that, by then, had become h2g2's bogieman (and that had become a friend of mine after the second post-banning new account) but, indeed, was on a completely different continent. I had no way to prove that I had the proof, but people were accepting what I said unconditionally. Sure, I was telling the truth, and wasn't mistaken, but what if I had been? Granted, I wasn't known for rocking the boat (such as protesting the banning of an account on the grounds that the account belonged to someone banned anyway), and I'd probably be less shocked that people would believe me had it happened now, after knowing folks on there for longer than my older daughter has been alive, but I'd been on h2g2 for just over 2 years at that point (aaaaaand I may have had a touch of post-partum depression, which I didn't recognize until about a year later, when my hormones returned to normal after weaning PaperBaby) and I forgot where this sentence was going)

And that made much more sense in my head a couple of nights ago.

:oops:

OK, yes, I'm strange. Yes, I've been avoiding this thread (but partly because it's a pain in the pick-a-body-part to trim down quotes on mobile, and I've not had time to get on my computer the last few days...) because it freaks me out when someone says they respect me, and I can't figure out why (both interpretations of that bit of the sentence are valid--not being able to figure out why that person respects me, and not being able to figure out why it freaks me out). I still distinctly remember an issue on h2g2 (that site I've been a part of since 2001) where some well-known, respected members said, basically, that they didn't know the truth of the matter, but, if I said that something was so, they believed me. (Hm, saying it like that makes it sound less than it was--I'm a bit hobbled by the fact that promises were made to not discuss the details... Without naming names, I think I can say that a new member was accused of being an old member that had been banned for life, and had snuck back a couple of times with new IDs (and had been accused of opening other accounts that yet another person admitted later that he'd opened as parodies)--I had proof that the new account was not opened by the person that, by then, had become h2g2's bogieman (and that had become a friend of mine after the second post-banning new account) but, indeed, was on a completely different continent. I had no way to prove that I had the proof, but people were accepting what I said unconditionally. Sure, I was telling the truth, and wasn't mistaken, but what if I had been? Granted, I wasn't known for rocking the boat (such as protesting the banning of an account on the grounds that the account belonged to someone banned anyway), and I'd probably be less shocked that people would believe me had it happened now, after knowing folks on there for longer than my older daughter has been alive, but I'd been on h2g2 for just over 2 years at that point (aaaaaand I may have had a touch of post-partum depression, which I didn't recognize until about a year later, when my hormones returned to normal after weaning PaperBaby) and I forgot where this sentence was going)

And that made much more sense in my head a couple of nights ago.
:smack
All that because I said I respected you? All I meant was that you have a good enough sense of humor to read the thread without being offended, but stay above the fray of actually making yourself look like an idiot :gig
Now excuse me, this knee ain't gonna stretch itself

Back
Top Bottom