French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    A few of my EEs for a customer, prepaid...only 8 in there.

2. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Do your EEs lay pretty well? Mine lay about 4 eggs a week, but other people tell me EEs don't lay very many eggs. Guess it all depends on what goes into them, I guess.

3. frmboyinthecity

frmboyinthecity Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah
    [​IMG]

The two olive eggers that hatched on Christmas Day! With my luck, both are roosters...

2 people like this.
  4. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

I got a dirty look for taking that one... :gig
    But I couldn't resist with the little blue bibbed stretching it's neck over the others like that... :D ;)

Thanks, I love sharing them...
    Calls are soooo much different!! Noisy, yes they can be... but they imprint so easy and have such awesome personalities... yeah, they love a good mud dabble, but they really, REALLY enjoy cleaning up in a fresh pool...

5. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Adorable!!! :love
    :fl for pullets!!!

Heh... that's like all the ones that say Ameraucanas don't lay well... mine lay 6 eggs a week... so did my EE's, CLB's and I think my Marans were a bit less... :confused:

6. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    My EEs are my best layers right now. 6 of them lay and I get 4 eggs a day reliably. Another inherited too much cochin and brahma and lays pinky brown eggs so I can't tell for sure unless I see her on the nest.

7. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    OK, I'm not crazy then - the person I talked to must have a bunch of hatchery EEs around or something. (Well, maybe I am crazy but I am happy with how my EEs lay!)

8. My young EEs are getting pretty red in the face, so I'm hoping they start soon--they're the ones that had just been delivered to the feedstore on July 11. I do know that my older EE, before she entered molt a few weeks ago, was giving me 5-6 eggs a week. I could tell it was her pretty easily--not only is she my only green layer, she was the only one giving me any eggs once Frieda went broody last September. 6 adult hens, 4 POL pullets, and 3 chicks (who are off the hook, admittedly) and we finally broke down and started buying eggs. Mr. P is getting rather annoyed with buying feed for freeloaders--but he's the one that doesn't want them ranging the yard feeding themselves 'cause of the poo.

9. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Nah, Friday, I've heard that tossed around a lot... but then I heard others say opposite too... also seems each person has a different perception of 'laying well'...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  10. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    Good morning frogs!!!

Happy Monday after Christmas.

Looks like a active few days on the frog. Congratulations Ross!!

I'm sorry for some of you folks and bad holiday feelings

It looks like a lot happened over this holiday weekend. Y'all were busy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by