French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Amazing,
    That abstract I just read 2015 mind you, I know I am weird, but its something I do....
    they will be able to tell the sex of an embryo at day 8 and possibly even day 1 incubation
    by the odor or "volatile compounds released through the porous egg shell"

not that this will ever help us home hatchers [​IMG] but perhaps save all those male chicks thrown in the #trashgrinder

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    this aint my thread this is sc thread now your talkin in circles, did you eat lunch yet? you need carbs man

3. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch Premium Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    Haven't you seen that I have past the 1500 posts mark? Give me 2-3 century and I will win Sour. Count!

5. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    I read that. Would be great if they came up with a home version of the tester someday!

1 person likes this.
  6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    wonder with all this dog talk.... can we teach a dog to sniff the difference.... BEAGLES!!!!!

hey white and sourland train a dog see if it works dont let him eat it.... or train him to eat the males [​IMG]

read this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4309571/

7. Cockatrice6420

Cockatrice6420 Chillin' With My Peeps

The ground is too wet to make burial any kind of small effort. The other upside is the kids won't be traumatized by the corpse of their pet lurking on the grass one day.

1 person likes this.
  8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    you like when people come over? [​IMG] you must be young yet!

I wasnt condemning anyone just explaining my own feelings [​IMG]and I like my dogs cuddling on my lap and petting them as they do so. My husband doesnt enjoy that much! and he doesnt cuddle he gets too hot. so I sleep with dogs

9. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    Good morning all! I wondered where you folks went. I just wanted to say Hi and share a few snapshots of my SLW.

They are a little dirty from the rain we had, but boy I love the lacing and size of these two. Her name is Eula.
    [​IMG]

Almost as round from the top and front as they are from the side.
    [​IMG]

Rooster Cogburn.
    [​IMG]

I give full credit to Foley for these birds since I purchased them from him. We will see how I do with them in the next generation or two.

2 people like this.
  10. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Speaking of dogs, I don't think I showed Sally my baby's new jacket:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by