French frogs

Definitely not the same rock bass...rock bass here are a pan fish...similar to a bluegill they are basically a small member of the bass family.....you guys got those razor clams your way though....

And geo duck too! We've got the crappie, several varieties of trout, steel head, three varieties of ocean going salmon, some land locked pockets of salmon, etc. It's too bad tech industry parking lots and unreasonable municipalities are plowing everything over.

Two entirely different fish. The freshwater Rock Bass is a hybrid...Largemouth Bass x Sunfish. Colored like the bass, shaped like the bass, big mouth like the bass, but the size of a large Sunfish & not as bony.  The Rockfish, or Stripers, are much larger & carry horizontal stripes.

Absolutely. I have worked in the fishing industry and with a habitat restoration group... I giggle inside when someone tells me about the red rock bass they caught off the coast, :gig

That's pretty much what we have too. The great lakes are pretty much inland oceans...they are pretty cool if you ever get a chance you should check them out..God knows I'd love to check out the northwest....

And geo duck too! We've got the crappie, several varieties of trout, steel head, three varieties of ocean going salmon, some land locked pockets of salmon, etc. It's too bad tech industry parking lots and unreasonable municipalities are plowing everything over.
You should do yourself a favor & outfit yourself for Crappie...excellent table fare.

That's pretty much what we have too. The great lakes are pretty much inland oceans...they are pretty cool if you ever get a chance you should check them out..God knows I'd love to check out the northwest....
Better be in something bigger than a Bass boat if you tackle Lake Michigan; it'll turn on you in a heartbeat!

I got to tell ya.....Lake Michigan is a pussycat compared to Lake Superior.....remember the Edmond Fitzgerald.....but you are right all the Great lakes need to be treated with respect....they are pretty awesome

Back
Top Bottom