French frogs

Absolutely. I have worked in the fishing industry and with a habitat restoration group... I giggle inside when someone tells me about the red rock bass they caught off the coast,
gig.gif
What gets me is when Jimmy Houston, who makes his living as a pro fisherman & host of his own fishing show, mistakenly calls the Black Crappie a White Crappie. I've caught him doing it twice, & called him on it both times. They sometimes live in the same water, like in Kentucky Lake, but the Black looks like a Dalmation with fins, while the White has vertical bars on the sides. They also have a different number of spines in the dorsal fin.

What gets me is when Jimmy Houston, who makes his living as a pro fisherman & host of his own fishing show, mistakenly calls the Black Crappie a White Crappie. I've caught him doing it twice, & called him on it both times. They sometimes live in the same water, like in Kentucky Lake, but the Black looks like a Dalmation with fins, while the White has vertical bars on the sides. They also have a different number of spines in the dorsal fin.

I'm not sure what variety/ies we have here. I remember night fishing for them outside of Grand Coulee. I don't remember if it was Banks Lake or Lake Roosevelt, one of the two.

Incubator stack...still trying to figure out where to fit everything while waiting very impatiently for spring.

This is serious overkill for my needs. Since no one else in my area offers incubation services, I am ready to fill that gap. If we don't have an AI ban next year, I should be able to hatch a bunch of chicks once a month to sell at auction.

Brinsea will be the hatcher since it has the see through door, and the water pan with pad should hold enough to last a few days. GQF will be the incubator as it now has the water pan with float so I can set it and forget it.

I have about 20 trays of various sizes that can be placed mix and match in both incubators. If the GQF should malfunction, the loaded trays will slide right into the Brinsea.

I will build or locate hatching trays for the Brinsea, complete with dividers so that I can keep chicks/poults separate during hatch. I haven't decided how to build them yet, or the material. I like hardware cloth as it's easy to pressure wash between hatches, but plastic pans would be easier.

walnut, that is awesome.......

I really dig the old fixtures, the sink and the tub.........I bet you have an old fashioned wall mounted gas heater with ceramic blocks too

and how cool, you can watch eggs incubate, while you poop........no need for reading material in the bathroom.......

Back
Top Bottom