French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. willzpapa

willzpapa Papa Santee

Sep 26, 2015
    Hillbilly Heaven NC
    I'm impressed where and when are you serving ill be there

2. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch Premium Member

Easy 3 step solution:

Open the front door
    Shoo the kids out
    Get some rope.....

3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Have you not been paying attention? I will answer for her. NO, she cannot handle that right now! [​IMG]

4. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Edit: had to erase that. It was sarcastic and funny though...,:gig

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Darnit, I missed it... [​IMG]

6. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel

I know that a lot of you will go to grill a turkey very soon, I want to give you a culinary tip to make it much, much tender an tasty! You should steam it fir 30-50 min, before you put it in the oven! This draw show you how to build a steaming device from a pot, aluminum foil, and a basket pot!
    You should use a mix of honey mustard and Tarragon to cover it, or if you can get a 100% pure date syrup, called Silan its better!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Ok, I'm about to get very busy at work, so I don't have time to wait for permission [​IMG]
    You may reply while I'm typing this, but too late [​IMG]
    Most people will say "Awe hon", or be supportive because they don't want to say anything that offends. Luckily I don't have that gene [​IMG]

You start your morning by saying "I'm depressed". [​IMG]
    Narcissist rule number 1: Be happy. Even if it inconveniences others, you owe it to yourself and your husband to be happy. If you are already depressed because of something you volunteered to do, don't volunteer. Now you are dreading it, your husband has a depressed wife, and you will resent the parents of the kids because you are going to have a very stressful day.
    Rule #2: Get over the silly stuff that doesn't last. It's one day. You have already convinced yourself of "how my day is going to play out". You're setting yourself up for failure. You volunteered, it's done, don't make it any harder on yourself than it already is by being in a depressed mood before it even starts. Believe me, I know about Thanksgiving depression... It will be over soon. No need in getting yourself all worked up over something that is fleeting. People suck, the Holidays suck, and that's just how it is. Take my motto to heart: Flock 'em

And while I'm at it, let me go ahead and alienate half of the thread:
    " see how women just have to think ahead and already create issues that are not there yet? but they will be there because we always KNOW these things?"

Exactly, and you all realize it, but you still do it. Dreading something that hasn't even happened yet. I'm speaking as a husband here, it drives me insane. It's life, stuff happens, and a lot of it sucks, but it passes. Why build some small event into this huge thing that ruins your day, I'm guessing ruins your husbands day, and you will be mad at yourself tomorrow for being this way? Don't think ahead, take it as it comes. It may not be that bad. I will say that is a big difference between men and women, at least in my case. Women like to prepare for the worst so they can be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't turn out so bad. Men would rather be happy, not needlessly dread something that may not be so bad, then just complain and raise hell about it for a few hours if it does turn out bad. Then it's over.
    I'm not saying one is right or wrong. Women are too emotional, men aren't emotional enough. There has to be a happy medium in there somewhere, but the extremes either direction are unhealthy for both of us, and cause problems where there shouldn't be problems.
    Try looking at it a different way. You are getting to whelp, and the grandkids are coming over. What a glorious day [​IMG]
    If it all heads south and starts falling apart, take a blue one, take a pink one, wash it down with a martini, and flock 'em [​IMG]
    OK, off to work [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Chicken. This is an scflock thread. No editing. What did you say?

9. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    oops [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Cockatrice6420

Cockatrice6420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh for Peter, Paul and Mary.

He's trying to catch us on the gluttony clause.

I can't get drunk and tell pops how I feel, I'd be showing him how I feel all over the place.... eeew.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by