French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Yup, still here. Went to the sea turtle hospital today, then came back and fished off the dock. Kids caught one mangrove snapper to keep, but had fun catching a bunch of other stuff and throwing them back. (Small barracuda, and some other unknown fish)

Found a bakery down the road and picked up a key lime pie for tomorrow. My favorite!

2. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch Premium Member

Never fished Florida...only been there once, as a kid...sure would like to try the canals around the Glades, though. Wouldn't mind fighting Bull Reds on Bass tackle.

Continued good luck to ya [​IMG]

3. FridayYet

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Thanks. Off the dock here is pretty shallow, so its mostly for fun but occasionally there is a keeper.
    [​IMG]obviously not this one!

4. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Go and be YOU. I grew up in a family where one of the branches had ungodly amounts of money, fashion, surgeries, flashy new cars and huge homes. The ex of that one was a down to earth truck driver who raised a wonderful down to earth son. The rest of us were somewhere in between, learning the value of hard work and not knowing what leisure was..just hop on a jet and go somewhere because you felt like it? C'mon, get real.

I don't begrudge anyone their money, but I also don't envy it. If you end up going, be yourself, and don't worry about THEM. You are the real person.

1 person likes this.
  5. WalnutHill

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    @scflock @RavynFallen

Some pics from my good buddy...he's a Detroit cop so he sees a lot of life and death.

This is beyond a redneck limo. The front of this beast is U-Haul!

[​IMG]

Who needs a Weber when you have a shopping cart?

[​IMG]

Coolest **** dog...he's 10 now and not looking so good. He not only fetches them out of the cooler, he also demands a drink in payment.
    [​IMG]

@scflock this one's for you...

[​IMG]

I'll be starting my day tomorrow by playing "Alice's Restaurant" while getting the birds in the oven and over the wood fire. However you spend your day, make it yours.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Walnut, you're on fire tonight!! And I ran out of Ovates... :lau

7. FridayYet

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Thanks Walnut. :hugs.

It is so strange to be around people with that kind of disposable income. Actually the Aunt and Uncle are nice, because they worked for their money (and had some luck in the oil field) and have started a foundation to help local kids. I think they vaguely remember what it's like to be "normal".

DHs cousins and their kids on the other hand, never have had to worry about money a day in their life and are so judgemental it makes me ill.

8. WalnutHill

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Eh, let them look down their noses...maybe they'll go crosseyed and fall down the stairs.

1 person likes this.
  9. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    So could I and it involves bullets and fist....at my place of work at 17 years of age....dark don't even describe it

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  10. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Sorry I'm such a bummer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by