French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch Premium Member

Saw a pic of a BCM rooster this morning; beautiful bird with those colors

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    it took me a while working with my brahma and I will always be working with them, and it isnt near as hard as what your workin with. good luck with that. I love the am breed, my lavs looked amazing and then about 14 months the coloring just went blah. not sure why that happens, or if I did something wrong. I was so po'd I sold them off cause I spent fortune on them, and couldnt sell eggs from them when I saw them starting to discolor. never got another am.

3. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I'm guessing that's why Ravyn prefers the darker blues. The lighter ones do look a bit washed out, so when I get some more girls, I will be keeping the darkest blues for myself. I also wonder if the black cockerel will breed a darker blue. I'm going to try as hard as I can to keep them in the same pen, but that's never worked for me before

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    hmmm interesting, will have to ask her now that you said that. how large is the run you have for them?

I love blacks, since I have had white faced black spanish I have grown fond of a black chicken. the coloring is fantastic of a black bird, you cant get that in any other.

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Very nice pics SC, thanks for posting them. I still can't pick a favorite. That cockerel is awesome looking. I got some new pics of Ted and Louie yesterday, will post shortly.

:love

6. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    First 3 are Louie, last one is Ted. Louie has a small V in the middle of his comb. Ted's is more uniform, but not as large.
    They are a little dirty, but I'm liking the way they are looking.
    I didn't get a good pic of the black split pullet. Maybe today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    Oh my Goodness!!!! :love. Can I get some of those in the spring. ......!!!!???
    See I was a medical assistant so stuff like that does not bother me. Hubby had to go on a charter this morning so. ..I didn't want it sitting there. My poor friend has a bad case of dry heaves!!! She is still here and was supposed to leave for Jacksonville at 730....lol!!!!!
    Some of his as well!!!!! :love

8. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    Wv....beautiful birds!!!!

And I found this for you!!!

[​IMG]

9. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment

So pretty! How old are they now?

10. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Hahaha love it!!

7 months. I can't believe it! And I forgot to say... those 2 boys are huge!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by