French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Yep, very true...

That is a good sized Silkie...

2. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Thanks Ruby [​IMG]

I'm heading back to California to see family & some friends. Also have to attend a big party while there, that I'm not looking forward to, but I'll survive, [​IMG]

The apartment is the oldest part of the house, and is over our kitchen and guest room. Kitchen window looks into part of our back yard, and I like my privacy. Would be a waste to leave it empty though.

Our current renter is only here half the week, and he's great. Went off an bought a house - so I'm happy for him, but sad for us.

1 person likes this.
  3. dan26552

dan26552 Flock Master

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Overrun With Chickens

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    We have a full apartment in the basement of out house. My MIL and FIL lived in it, with two of their children while the top part was built over winter. It makes a great suite when my parents come to visit and the rest of the time The living room works as my husbands mancave, The kitchen is my canning kitchen/craft room. One of the bedrooms is used as DH office. The Other bedroom remains a guest bedroom and where I keep the clean clothes to be folded. I even have a room I am turning into my Private Library (it its a book room but I like to sound pretentious)
    My point is, the space can be used.

5. dan26552

dan26552 Flock Master

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

6. FridayYet

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    The apartment doesn't internally connect to our house, which makes a little hard to run in and out. It has external stairs off of a separate driveway, outside the fenced part of the yard. Oh I'd love to use it as a guest apartment maybe also Air B&B? (We could rent it out for a fortune during the Balloon Fiesta, but then we are usually full with family)! I could then take over the small bedroom in the house for a project room and still have a huge empty bedroom and bath. (LOL) Truthfully, we don't really need the space.

Flip side is that the rent would pay half our mortgage, and DH is not working much right now. Any money that comes in helps stretch savings until we can access our retirement accounts.

7. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Overrun With Chickens

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    If you need the rent, you need the rent. I wasn't sure. Pay off the mortgage then consider the B&B (That would be fun)

8. FridayYet

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    LOL, We've always been financially conservative, and planned way in advance to take this year off. "Need" is a relative term and we would be OK if we didn't rent it out. That's why I'm so ambivalent about it. We'll probably start putting the word out and see if we get any bites. If we don't, that's OK too! [​IMG]

Of course, smartest financially would be to rent out our house and live in the apartment - and bank the difference. Nice to know that option is there if needed.

PS: Your use of space sounds great and I love the "private library". I call my dog & plant room "the conservatory", which is next door to the office. (Used to be a dining room.)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  9. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Can I just come live with you? :oops:

10. FridayYet

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    You are welcome anytime.

1 person likes this.