French frogs

yeah, I did some reading, but most of the threads were pretty dated.

was hoping to hear something more recent from ya'll.

hoping it is a decent one, since right now they are going for a really good price.

oh and don't be biting me WV.

Last edited:
I'm not really a biter...
big_smile.png

Seriously, it really depends on how much you want to hatch, and how much you can baby-sit it. This is all hear-say, so take it for what its worth. Many say that the styrofoam ones are hard to clean, sanitize, etc, but my sister-in-law has 2 and swears by them (in a good way! lol) They can be touchy to keep on steady temps, humidity, etc, but many people do fine with them.

Invest in additional thermometers and hygrometers though! And verify them for accuracy!

Last edited:
since we are having a slow monkey day, another serious question. I had planned on making an incubator, but that will take a long time, with all the other priority chores I have going on.
1602N Hova-Bator Incubator

any of ya'll have or heard things about this?
I have 2 1588s one with a Turner and one older one for hatching. I like them and have had pretty good luck. The only problem I have is keeping the humidity up. I purchased a Brinsea with a humidity pump but not sure it was worth the cost yet as I haven't used it for a hatch yet

I have 2 1588s one with a Turner and one older one for hatching. I like them and have had pretty good luck. The only problem I have is keeping the humidity up. I purchased a Brinsea with a humidity pump but not sure it was worth the cost yet as I haven't used it for a hatch yet
deep south Texas, and only about ten miles from the gulf of Mexico, humidity shouldn't ever be a real problem with us.

deep south Texas, and only about ten miles from the gulf of Mexico, humidity shouldn't ever be a real problem with us.
only be a problem if your chickens can't swim, right? I know a lot of people on here have used different dehumidifiers, like carbon pellets.

howdy WV!! since I'm not all hip on chicken breeds, like you folks, this may seem silly, but what breed is the rooster that sc wants help naming?
Leaky blue Ameraucana, he's gonna be king of the Olive Eggers...
Morning Bert! I'm pretty sure they were discussing the black Ameraucana.
I think he's going with Nat on the black, at least that was last he said... now he needs a name for the blue... I got :smack ed for suggesting Leaky but didn't hear anything about P*ss Poor Pete... :lau Baby duckies????
since we are having a slow monkey day, another serious question. I had planned on making an incubator, but that will take a long time, with all the other priority chores I have going on.
1602N Hova-Bator Incubator

any of ya'll have or heard things about this?
That was first bator I had... still air and no turner... it was rock solid and when I got a Genesis 1588, I kept it as my hatcher... my first hatch in that was 4 pullet EE eggs and got 100% hatch... did many batches in it and it was a good bator... actually, it's still being used for a hatcher since I sent it to a friend in AK, lol...

Leaky blue Ameraucana, he's gonna be king of the Olive Eggers...
I think he's going with Nat on the black, at least that was last he said... now he needs a name for the blue... I got :smack ed for suggesting Leaky but didn't hear anything about P*ss Poor Pete... :lau

Baby duckies????
That was first bator I had... still air and no turner... it was rock solid and when I got a Genesis 1588, I kept it as my hatcher... my first hatch in that was 4 pullet EE eggs and got 100% hatch... did many batches in it and it was a good bator... actually, it's still being used for a hatcher since I sent it to a friend in AK, lol...
Thank you very much

I think I'm gonna do it!!

I think he's going with Nat on the black, at least that was last he said... now he needs a name for the blue... I got
smack.gif
ed for suggesting Leaky but didn't hear anything about P*ss Poor Pete...
lau.gif

Baby duckies????

I thought Leaky was a great suggestion!
lol.png
And P*ss Poor Pete too, for that matter!

No duckies as of this morning. 7 pips when I left home this morning - 3 silkies, 2 ducks, 2 lavenders. The first silkie was starting to break out more, but I had to leave. Was hoping it would really start zipping before I left, but it hadn't. I'm about to skip out of work early today, so I'll let ya know something!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom