French frogs

The chicks were let out for a little today and they were getting along great till this one "Australorp" roo tried to show a cuckoo marans who was boss
lau.gif

Remember the juvie Ohiki pair? Barred boy and black girl? Those had head spots... will look to see if the new babies do too...

*I think* it's not as clear with blue though... haven't looked it up since I was working with black...
If you're really interested in those, PM him... Jerry is one of the founding breeders of Am's so you can't get much better than that for a start... :)
I have Call ducklings now... and some juvie pairs... ;)
Red and furry... self explanatory... :gig
Honestly, I would find a reputable breeder who started from theirs over getting direct from them... they did a lot for importing new breeds, but they're really a propagator not a breeder... :/
Little Peddler...
You know it's bad when your work choice is based off how much better it makes yourself smell... :sick
Glad he's doing better... :hugs
Oh, shut up and sit down to pee... :gig
Cruel... that's just cruel... :gig
Nah... that's a drill press... :lau
If I said LP, you'd say GFF :smack

So if I have my voices right then all of the pekins (7) are hens, the three cayugas with white chests are drakes, the mallard is a drake (My sister says so anyway) and at least 2 of the blue swedish are drakes.

I guess I'm a little slow, but just found out that greenfire farms is just down the road from me.......only about an hour from where I work....

they have Marans.......well they have a chit load of birds....
Good morning everyone!

Bert they do have sales later in the season for about 75% off. Not sure if what you wan't will be in stock then, but it might. I think you can get on their email newsletter. Their prices are astranomical, but the birds do look pretty good. I have not been impressed with the color of the Marans eggs from the new line they imported. The eggs I've seen have been a #4. That's a lot of time and money to bring in BCM with a #4 egg.

I'm still 6 pages behind and busy as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

So if I have my voices right then all of the pekins (7) are hens, the three cayugas with white chests are drakes, the mallard is a drake (My sister says so anyway) and at least 2 of the blue swedish are drakes.

I don't see any drake feathers yet. How old are they now? And are you sure the black with white chests are cayugas and not black Swedish??

The Blue Swedes are fabulous!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom