Freqent shell-less eggs

I saw your old post regarding caltrate for hens. What type of caltrate?

I am so sorry your bird is experiencing issues! I use the standard human caltrate. I don't have a bottle on hand so I can't give you exact label information. I don't think there are many to choose from? You are basically looking for calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin D, etc...Follow those guidelines you quoted and helpfully it helps your hen!

This is terrible!! This hen has had so much shell trouble!! Now, she has a piece of shell material stuck in her intestine, has an infection and is in scary shape!! I'm hoping we can get an egg formed so that material will move we through. Thank you!!

She may have an oviduct infection? If you can get a hold of Amoxicillin, you might start a round of it on her. The dosage is about 50mgs per pound of bird 2 times daily. You can use human Amoxicillin too. I usually put the powder into 1ml of Gerber Baby food, mix and load into an empty syringe. Squeeze under the tongue.

I am so sorry your bird is experiencing issues! I use the standard human caltrate. I don't have a bottle on hand so I can't give you exact label information. I don't think there are many to choose from? You are basically looking for calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin D, etc...Follow those guidelines you quoted and helpfully it helps your hen!
Thankyou!

She may have an oviduct infection? If you can get a hold of Amoxicillin, you might start a round of it on her. The dosage is about 50mgs per pound of bird 2 times daily. You can use human Amoxicillin too. I usually put the powder into 1ml of Gerber Baby food, mix and load into an empty syringe. Squeeze under the tongue.

Is this right?

Attachments

• 15411960026238839406554104769155.jpg
    15411960026238839406554104769155.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 10
20181102_161001.jpg
Which one of these?

Back
Top Bottom