Frequent broody hen is going into the stew pot if someone won't come and get her (N. Texas).

3chickchicks

Songster
9 Years
Jun 25, 2013
Utah
Update: She's gone to a nice family. Thanks y'all!

She's a gold laced wyandotte. She will hatch your eggs or raise your chicks so you won't need to fuss with a brooder.
She was hatched spring of 2013 and from hatchery stock. I got her when she was 14 weeks old. She had her first molt this past fall (2014). She had her mareks and fowl pox vaccine when she was a chick.
Easy to handle, sweet bird and healthy. She's not a squawker at all. I've never had any problems with illness or egg quality problems from her. She is easy to catch and is okay with being held. She has been free ranging the back yard. I'm rehoming her because I got birds for eggs and she goes broody about every other month, even through winter with lights. She breaks easily with three or four days in a cage but this isn't a fair life for her. She wants to be a mother.
She lays nice large brown eggs.

I'm near Keller Tx. Local pickup only because I've never shipped live animals. She goes by Fifi. I'd hate to butcher her for doing what is natural for her, but like I said. I got birds for eggs. I'm in the city so I won't ever raise chicks.

Last edited:
Darn, if only were in Michigan. I raise pheasants and chickens and only have one chicken that helps me hatch eggs, I could really use a nice broody like her.

I wish we were closer--- I'm all the way in East Texas. Are you a member of CoT on Facebook? Someone on there would take her, I'm sure!

I am very interested in her...
I have a farm and she will be very welcome to do what comes natural...
PM me please...

Back
Top Bottom