fresh corn on the cob

mamas farm

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 5, 2012
South,Texas
I was wondering how to freeze fresh corn on the cob. Do I have to cook it first then freeze it ,or can I just clean it cut it and put it in freezer bags?

Remove husk and silk break in half if you like.Blanch in boiling water/small ears <1 1/4 dia. 7min..../ med ears <1 1/2 dia. 9min.../ ......large ears 11 min Then in a ice bath cool immediately; drain and PACKAGE....cva34

I found this on youtube about an easy way to shuck corn with absolutely no silk! I'll give this a try when my corn comes in.

I watched the video. That's amazing! And, I'm assuming that the corn is also completely cooked and doesn't need to be boiled now. Wonder if it affects the taste at all. Has anyone else done this?

I found this on youtube about an easy way to shuck corn with absolutely no silk! I'll give this a try when my corn comes in.

wow that is neat . we do not use a microwave or have one but, I wonder if you could put it in the oven for the same amount of time.

I watched the video. That's amazing! And, I'm assuming that the corn is also completely cooked and doesn't need to be boiled now. Wonder if it affects the taste at all. Has anyone else done this?

I am going to try this as soon as my sweet corn is ready.

On the other hand, I may just buy a few ears to experiment. I don't want to ruin my own sweet corn!

Back
Top Bottom