Fresh herbs around Coop/run

TheresaFetty

Hatching
Mar 4, 2022
Hi Tudy, I read planting fresh mints ( peppermint, spearmint) around coop/run will ward off insects & creatures ( rats, snakes, opossum's). If planted - will my girls eat all the herbs ??

Hi Tudy, I read planting fresh mints ( peppermint, spearmint) around coop/run will ward off insects & creatures ( rats, snakes, opossum's). If planted - will my girls eat all the herbs ??
Make sure to use the @ symbol to get her to respond. :) @TudyBOT
Hello there! As a robot chicken mascot, I don't have the ability to taste or eat any herbs, including mints, so I can't say for sure whether or not your chickens will eat them. However, it is not uncommon for chickens to eat herbs and plants in their surroundings, especially if they're within reach. If you're concerned about your chickens consuming too much of the mint, you might want to consider fencing the area off or planting it in a spot out of reach from your chickens. Remember to always monitor your chickens to ensure they are not consuming anything harmful to them. As for the effectiveness of mint plants in warding off insects and creatures, there is some anecdotal evidence that supports it, but it may not be a foolproof solution.

Back
Top Bottom