fresh in the bator

Catfishingpokey

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Albany, Tx
well i just now put 42 jumbo courtunix eggs in the incubator so the waiting begins this is my first attempt on my own so we will see how it goes. i got the eggs on ebay they were packed well but shipping seemed a bit rough out of 45 eggs shipped 3 were damaged that i could tell all i can do is wait and pray for the rest. how hard is it to candle the quail eggs . any help will be appreciated.

Good luck, hope you get lots of babies !!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

There are people that do candle quail eggs, but you need a REALLY bright light, and a very dark room!! I have white cortunix quail, and button quail in my bator, and I can't see a thing!! They haven't been in there long, though, so maybe I will later on.

ok i was wondering how it would work. i think i will just leave them alone and see what happens.my boys just got home from school and they are so excited.

i've had the incubator running for 4 or 5 days now it has been holding at 99.5 then an hour or so after i put the eggs in i went and looked in on it and it was reading 95 i freaked and adjusted the thermostat .an hour or so latter i looked and it was at 102 after several adjustmennts its now holding at 99.5 again. what will the raised temp for an hour or so do?i must have bumped the thermostat when i was putting in the eggs.

I have a still air LG (added a fan finally), and the temps would fluctuate between 97-102 all the time. It didn't seem to affect them. So long as it doesn't stay that high for very long, it shouldn't be a problem.
Oh and just remember that the temp of the bator will drop every time you open it, and also when adding eggs, since they aren't the same temp as the bator. A little low is better than it being high, so just be careful when adjusting so you don't bump it up too much.

Last edited:
thanks that is what i was hoping. it wasnt high for to long maybe itr wont hurt any thing.im kinda nervous this is our first eggspierence.dont want it to be a failure for my boys sake.

When placing cool eggs in these small incubator, they take sometime to get back up to temp. setting. Wait a few hours before adjusting. Also when adding water use warm water.

Back
Top Bottom