Fresh pine wood chips

Ok I'll likely build my paths and store what's left for fall. I have stall cleanings and dropped hay but that's looking to be not enough browns to be dry. Already have a leaf plan for next year, I'm definitely a year behind! I'm waiting for the chips to come still but I know they are fresh. Also have a local tree service that's going to dump ago they get in my yard all summer for free. So maybe I'll catch up eventually! I'm ready for the proper run build as soon as I figure out how to get cattle panels here. Awkward things to get home.

Yep, DL does not happen overnight.

Cattle panels are awkward to transport! One year, I went and got a couple panels by myself, without benefit of hubby's brain and know how. I got half way home, and didn't have them cinched down the right way in the truck. They went rolling out of the bed, and down the highway like a giant tumbleweed. Thankfully, there were no other vehicles on that stretch of road, and a couple good Samaritans stopped and helped get me loaded back up, and cinched down properly for the rest of the trip.

Yep, DL does not happen overnight.

Cattle panels are awkward to transport! One year, I went and got a couple panels by myself, without benefit of hubby's brain and know how. I got half way home, and didn't have them cinched down the right way in the truck. They went rolling out of the bed, and down the highway like a giant tumbleweed. Thankfully, there were no other vehicles on that stretch of road, and a couple good Samaritans stopped and helped get me loaded back up, and cinched down properly for the rest of the trip.

I've lost enormous hay stacks, bales bouncing into flooded ditches and uggghhh those are bad days. I feel you there.

Traded in my truck to get away from the insane maintenance. I really have no way this time to get the panels. Unless I could fold them but I'm sure that would trash their ability to arch smoothly later.

Ok I'll likely build my paths and store what's left for fall. I have stall cleanings and dropped hay but that's looking to be not enough browns to be dry. Already have a leaf plan for next year, I'm definitely a year behind! I'm waiting for the chips to come still but I know they are fresh. Also have a local tree service that's going to dump ago they get in my yard all summer for free. So maybe I'll catch up eventually!

Sounds like a great plan for the future! My run was pretty mucky last spring so I definitely learned my lesson about stocking up on stuff in advance. I'm up to 3 piles of wood chips now and have been monitoring my store of leaves from fall. I started the season with maybe 9 bags or so, now down to 1 large bag and 3 or 4 small bags. They're thankfully still dry so I should be in good shape to make it through spring.

Traded in my truck to get away from the insane maintenance. I really have no way this time to get the panels. Unless I could fold them but I'm sure that would trash their ability to arch smoothly later.
Know anyone with a trailer?
Yeah, bending them unto kinking will wreck a smooth curve.

I know one guy with a flatbed trailer, he's a bit taciturn but it could come to that. I want to get them soon so I'm ready. All my wire is here, planks for wherever, posts, some big lumber. Enough to start and likely finish barring hardware needs as I go. It would be started but getting that 1 t post into the ice gave me respect. No way I'm setting wood posts yet.

Back
Top Bottom