Freshly cleaned coop - this does not makes sense to me....

I would use PDZ instead of DE.

DE doesn't keep things dry and ineffective at killing anything.
I have PDZ but I already used DE, so I'm not sure i can use both.....I thought PDZ just takes out the amonia smell, I just cleaned out the coop/run yesterday and laid fresh hemp.....so there should be very little poop at this point.

I think one lesson I did learn....don't do a full coop/run clean in the middle of fly season.....because now I have all these flies everywhere with no where to go since I took their poop from them.....so now they want to harass my chicks (3 adults, 3 chicks)....the only reason I did a full clean now was because I moved the babies out there and wanted them in a clean "home" so they could stay healthy. I guess I probably should have waited until end of Sept when fly season is gone. My problem was the chicks were starting to fly around and I needed to move them outside. Poor planning on my part, I created a real mess, trying to be clean...now I'm really at a loss......nothing I do is making it better at this point. I hop they find the fly tape soon and the DE doesn't something soon. this is a real issue...

and, I have no idea where to move by big girls...I guess they have to power through it....I love those girls, I feel crappy.

Was the hemp bedding damp at all?

Being around horses, I often noticed how much flies love damp hay. It's like a magnet. And hemp is supposed to be similarly palatable as a forage with sugars readily available, unlike wood based bedding.

it's not like it's getting airborne. It's stuck where you put the dot.

I only have to slightly quibble with this because everything in a liquid form is aerosolized to some degree, especially while it's being sprayed in any manner.
Waiting until it dries is a good precaution with any kind of spray. That said, it should only take a couple hours with decent ventilation to make it safe.
The product does look promising, thank you for sharing!

* For a real-world example, the extreme statistical difference in rates of COPD later in life for cleaning professionals and avid home keepers. That's in the modern age with generally safe indoor cleaners. Studies have found the aerosolized droplets to cause cumulative lung damage.
It was actually Vitamin E in the Vape Pen scare that was causing teenagers lung damage. Although Vit E in itself is quite safe.

Was the hemp bedding damp at all?

Being around horses, I often noticed how much flies love damp hay. It's like a magnet. And hemp is supposed to be similarly palatable as a forage with sugars readily available, unlike wood based bedding.

I only have to slightly quibble with this because everything in a liquid form is aerosolized to some degree, especially while it's being sprayed in any manner.
Waiting until it dries is a good precaution with any kind of spray. That said, it should only take a couple hours with decent ventilation to make it safe.
The product does look promising, thank you for sharing!

* For a real-world example, the extreme statistical difference in rates of COPD later in life for cleaning professionals and avid home keepers. That's in the modern age with generally safe indoor cleaners. Studies have found the aerosolized droplets to cause cumulative lung damage.
It was actually Vitamin E in the Vape Pen scare that was causing teenagers lung damage. Although Vit E in itself is quite safe.
It never dries totally. It must have some oil in it. It does dissipate a little, though. I have a dot on the wall right in front of me in my office as I have two parrots in here, and it does help with the fruit flies. It's paneling in here, so I think it probably absorbs it a little. In the coop, it's kitchen paint on drywall. It says right on the can to redo it in a month. After I go out there to redo it, I can't see where it was.

It never dries totally. It must have some oil in it. It does dissipate a little, though. I have a dot on the wall right in front of me in my office as I have two parrots in here, and it does help with the fruit flies. It's paneling in here, so I think it probably absorbs it a little. In the coop, it's kitchen paint on drywall. It says right on the can to redo it in a month. After I go out there to redo it, I can't see where it was.
So you spray it right on the wall and not on a card or whatever like the videos I've seen say?

Back
Top Bottom