Freshman year

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kargo, Sep 14, 2009.

1. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    I was talking to my favorite teacher, and she was saying that my friend and I are doing very well in her class. She seemed to be hinting at being like top students or something. The class is English 1 Honors in a private school. I am making a 98. Is that exceptional, or is the teacher still adjusting to our different scores and talents? She was really proud of me, too, when I told her I was making all A's. She was like, "You go girl!" xP:D Is it unusual to have all A's toward the end of the first semester in freshamn year? Or is my teacher just proud of us? Just curious. I have no idea how high school works.

2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    You're doing well, but the first quarter should mostly be a review of what you learned in Jr. High, with some new material. That way kids who blend in from different schools/districts can pull even. In a few weeks the pace should heat up.

3. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    Snap! I wonder if vet school accepts people who flunk every sing year of hugh school.[​IMG]:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: I doubt it...

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:If I understand correctly, vet school is like medical school -- somewhere you go after your undergraduate career at college. I suppose you could make it if you went to community college after high school and then transferred to a four-year university. Of course, around here, to go to community college you need a 2.7 GPA or higher. I doubt anyone who is bombing out of high school classes has the self-discipline and motivation to succeed in vet school -- even getting in! -- unless they change some things about themselves, and quickly.

Like I tell my students, what you do in high school will affect the quality of the rest of your life and the opportunities that are made available to you. Decisions that you make at age 15 will still have repercussions when you are 90. High school is scary because of that, and it's a time to get serious about academics.

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    For the vet school in our area, you have to get at LEAST a 3.5 in your cumulative GPA in order to even be considered. Pre-vet lets everyone in, it's the vet school that narrows it down.

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Kargo - I don't know what the grading scale at your school is like, but all As sounds great to me, especially if you're in honors classes. Keep up the good work!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by