Freshness

Jul 20, 2018
How long can a freshly processed turkey stay in a cooler on ice before it has to go in the freezer? If I have my birds processed tomorrow (Wednesday) can they stay in the cooler or fridge until thanksgiving or do I need to freeze them after 3 days of resting in the cooler?

How long can a freshly processed turkey stay in a cooler on ice before it has to go in the freezer? If I have my birds processed tomorrow (Wednesday) can they stay in the cooler or fridge until thanksgiving or do I need to freeze them after 3 days of resting in the cooler?
I don't know about turkeys but I keep deer n hogs on ice at least a week before I have them processed.

You will probably get better answers by posting this in the Meat Birds ETC forum.

You can have the thread moved by clicking on the Report button and asking a moderator to move it.

Back
Top Bottom