Frey's Hatchery

exactly my query! I was looking to order from Frey's but I do not want the chick to have a cut beak. It's cruel and unnecessary. Performance Poultry is the other option, hopefully with no beak trimming. Wonder if people keep asking Frey's they'll think about offering some without.

Seriously??? So many hatcheries out there that don’t do that why would anyone support them by purchasing!!!! Horrifying!!!! I’m not trying to be mean and don’t want to defend I am just so appalled at that practice!!!! We need to support our chicken friends.

Seriously??? So many hatcheries out there that don’t do that why would anyone support them by purchasing!!!! Horrifying!!!! I’m not trying to be mean and don’t want to defend I am just so appalled at that practice!!!! We need to support our chicken friends.
I agree! there are very few hatcheries in Ontario, so sadly a lot of people buy from Freys. I urge those who can to email them to inquire whether they will offer in tact birds in future. I have written them. I urge others to also look into local chicken groups online (Facebook, kijiji etc) as there are often pullets and chicks that need homes.

exactly my query! I was looking to order from Frey's but I do not want the chick to have a cut beak. It's cruel and unnecessary. Performance Poultry is the other option, hopefully with no beak trimming. Wonder if people keep asking Frey's they'll think about offering some without.
I purchased 15 chicks from Performance Poultry this spring. They do not trim beaks. I am quite happy with the quality of the birds I received. I would buy from them again if they were not so far away from me.

Back
Top Bottom