Fridge-a-Bator in Service Again...Eggs Moved to Hatcher

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by speckledhen, Nov 10, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Although Day 18 really starts in about three hours, I moved the five eggs, Caroline's double yolker included, to the hatcher. I can turn them with something through the air hole in the side, if I decide to one more time. Here they are; on the left, one each from my Ameraucana girls, then the obvious double yolker then a Blue Orpington and in the upper righthand corner, the Barred Rock from my Lexie:
    [​IMG]

2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    good luck with your eggs

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I am anxiously awaiting word on that double-yolker! When you do finally give it a hand - definately take pics - we want to see too!

5. speckledhen

I sure plan to do just that! I'm going to have to play this one by ear, with Caroline's egg. Not sure when exactly to pip the aircell, but definitely before Day 21 begins, I think, just in case they are needing air, which would be limited with the two of them. The Barred Rock egg was already rocking as soon as it went into the hatcher.

6. Silkie_boi

Silkie_boi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2007
    good luck with all your eggs and I can't wait on the outcome of the double yolker - good luck [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

Thank you! It may be silly, but I'm doing it anyway. And they were both alive and moving around yesterday when I candled the egg, so who knows? I didn't think we'd make it all the way to Day 18 with them and here we are; but, I know, the tricky part is coming up.

8. Silkie_boi

Silkie_boi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2007
    Of course it isn't silly - there's nothing silly about it. I think its great lol.

9. speckledhen

LOL, I found the one person who doesn't think I've lost my marbles! I appreciate the support and we'll take pics of all efforts to get these little twins to hatch.

10. nick101

nick101 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2007
    Chicago, Illinois
    I am sure all of us support you, Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by