Fridge-a-Bator Pics By Request

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Here you go, Lori, and whoever else is interested. This is laying on its back like a chest freezer, so you have to turn upside down to figure it out, LOL.
DCP_8513.jpg

DCP_8514.jpg

DCP_8515.jpg

DCP_8517.jpg

DCP_8518.jpg

DCP_8516.jpg

DCP_8519.jpg

Wow, Speckled! How innovative of you! I may be picking your brain one of these days for details on the set-up. I've not ventured into hatching my own yet, but I am seeing some tell-tale signs in myself here! Especially when I see things like your fridge-abator that looks so simple to use. Thanks SO much for sharing the pics.

Cutler Supply sells the heating element from a hova for about $11 or so plus shipping. I think you can get it for under $20 total if you can't find one another way. We plan to replace the lightbulb with one when we can get our hands on one.

WARNING WARNING WARNING This person is a known corruptor of non hatching people. Beware, if you keep listening and reading her posts, you will turn into a HATCHER yourselves.
jumpy.gif
You've been warned.

Signed: one of her victims
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Very funny, Cyn!!! LOL!! I only have 26 eggs (Blue Orp and Cuckoo Marans) in the bator right now and another set coming 2 days after these are due. . . . Oh, and by the time these are done hatching, my Blue Ameraucana girls will probably be laying bigger eggs and I can set a batch of those. . . . I'm NOT addicted, nor am I an enabler!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Actually, Cyn and Priss, I was thinking about getting that heating element and trying to find a broken fridge that it would fit into, but I'm also looking at some other ones - haven't come up with anything cost-effective yet, though. Great hatching minds think alike!!!

Quote:
You are just in denial!!
lau.gif

Repeat after me..."Hi my name is Skeeter9 and I am a hatchaholilc."

Back
Top Bottom