Friend Can't Keep Animals Alive!

I always love it when people are in violent agreement...
lol.png

y'all sound so much like each other.
tongue2.gif

Quote: Pretty sure we are, but definitely, my opening line absolutely should have been worded, "there is nothing to indicate sociopathy from the description". That was an extremely poorly worded statement on my part to say, "she is not a sociopath", thus setting up an incorrect context.
It sounds like you are familiar with psychology, and one must always looks at the entirety of what is presented, and not base a diagnosis off of only one (possible) criteria. Ie. Throw dog in pool...though that is a tenuous one due to the reasons described previously. Please also do not take me addressing the 'sociopath' label personally. I was actually equally replying to all four people who had used the term!

Quote:
Sweet, it has been mine too, and will again be when my husband finishes his computer courses. He's still in that line of work, but it looks like we'll be switching. X)

Quote: There sure are, which is why I talked about trying to think of disorders and behavior in terms of spectrums. :) The sociopath I mentioned (I believe in this thread...I think) was in a cushy job, and had no intent of rising above petty crime and manipulation/threatening those seen as a non-threat. She wasn't the 'charming' or particularly bright variety. She had the subset behavior of forcefully/sometimes pysically berating others not to swear while using profanities herself if in certain situations, which is one I don't see as often. If using the still debated terms and categories, ASPD is documented as being most common, followed by sociopathy (again, debate exists upon this separation and terminology), followed up by the least common; psychopathy. I'm dying to know how these terms and groupings will evolve and divide along with our understanding.

Quote: That's truly wonderful, and what a great gift you give the kids you work with who are biologically able to appreciate it.
hugs.gif
Exactly correct that disorders have varying ranges in when they are said to be diagnosable, and that under 18s run into further legal complications. These issues are generally even more complicated in foster work as opposed to therapy programs.

Quote: Yes, it is a serious thing. As mentioned before, no one is making light of the situation as far as I know. But at the level it was described as, it is not anything particular or unique to sociopaths. Just a few disorders commonly misdiagnosed as sociopathy include things such as borderline PD, bipolar PD (*some* will act impulsively in a way that causes harm to others, including animals, without signs of comorbidity. Many do not of course), and Narcissistic PD. I have also seen similar behavior in individuals who were being helped through family situations, and had no actual disorders themselves (so improved quickly with help, with no medication needed). In their case, they were mimicking what had become 'normal' behavior to them.

Quote:
The long list of pets dying is not anything I haven't experienced en masse in some rural areas. Her goat being seen by a vet actually puts the level of animal care much higher than I have seen in various areas!

Quote: When I talk about my husband's textbooks or crazy brain slicing skills, I am actually speaking of what he does in terms of cognitive and behavioral psychology and neuroscience. I don't speak as often of our work in clinical psychology fields, ranging from criminal to non-criminal programs.

Quote: When you asked me who I was, I have to admit I was tempted to say, "hi, I'm punk-a-doodle, nice to meet ya". I didn't because it sounded too sarcastic. XD But what my intent behind that would have been is that I have worked with clinical psychologists and psychiatrists with PhDs who can't even figure their own glaring disorders out, let alone anyone else's. Heck, I've personally been misdiagnosed and medicated (for ADHD), and have had to search through Freud disciples (they crop up in anthropology too still, causing a similar division in disciplines) to find more grounded therapists to speak with about my own issues. A good therapist with sound perceptions is absolutely unbeatable, but as with any profession, years in the field alone, degrees, and exposure to events mean very little to me. For this reason, I will rarely state what personal experience I have, unless I feel the knowledge will somehow benefit the person I am responding to. For instance, when speaking about hand-feeding birds, I will talk about my experience in aviculture to let the interested person know where the techique I recommend is coming from. The flip side is that one can have no personal experience with psychology/people with disorders, and still have me nodding in agreement if feel the assessment is analyticaly solid.

Quote: You absolutely are. ...But I may not agree with them and put forth one of my own. :)

Well she isn't in our class anymore...She is in a different class now so it will be harder to get to talk to her. I should try and find her in the mooring at school.

Punk a doodle.. not going to go back and forth with you, and get in a p***ing match, as thats what you clearly want to do...

Have a good day..
frow.gif

Redhen, I am sorry if you found anything I said to be offensive, but am also genuinely confused as to what that would be. All I'm doing on this end is discussing and clarifying points you brought up.

Minx, do you think she'll keep at you about your peafowl? If so, her coming to you might be an easier way to open up a conversation for you. Either way, hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

No, actually thats not what you are doing, and ya know it.
You're actually NOT clarifying anything for me... there was NOTHING to clarify... What cant you understand about that??
Sorry but thats the truth..
You just have to keep going and going... when its pointless..
You're reading out of a text book and giving data that we already KNOW... LOL Again, why?? Just to be obstinate and annoying..??
hu.gif

Enough is enough, already...
There is NO point to the things you are saying now... none...
If you continue on, its clear that you are just trolling..

Redhen, I am sorry if you found anything I said to be offensive, but am also genuinely confused as to what that would be. All I'm doing on this end is discussing and clarifying points you brought up.
Minx, do you think she'll keep at you about your peafowl? If so, her coming to you might be an easier way to open up a conversation for you. Either way, hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

Well she isn't in our class anymore...She is in a different class now so it will be harder to get to talk to her. I should try and find her in the mooring at school.

Are you going to give her any animals?? If so, be VERY clear on how to take care of them...
I dont think i would do it though..
But thats just me..

Nope I am not going to give her any animals and she hasn't asked me about peafowl again. I was just wondering if I should help her with animals in general like talk to her about preventing more animals from dying or something or what? Should I just let her come to me for help? I don't know....

Maybe you could go to the library or a book store together and look at books on some of the animals she has or is interested in with her.

Back
Top Bottom