Friendliest ducklings ever!!!

chickboss

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
My new Kahkis and Pekins are the friendliest ducks I've had so far! They are crazy and actually scramble to get onto my hand, LOL, no kidding! And this is before I offered a single treat! All 16 at once. If my hair falls down they go crazy trying to grab it. LOL, I don't know why this group is different, but they are soooo much fun! I can barely clean the brooder because it is like a duck swarm. So far, my first Kahkis and my Muscovies all scurry to the corner to get away from the scoop I use to clean it out, but these little one's are like "Yay, she's cleaning, it's play time....
wee.gif
" They are just too much!

I have had some groups like that. Its more often when I only have the one lot of ducklings and I can spend more time with them. I hope this lot I just hatched are friendlier ones...I dont think I will have them long...but after just a day I have fallen for the little cuties. They are all just a little different in colour... So I hope to be anle to tell them all apart.

Are these the ones you posted pics of? Very cute! Funny about how some groups are different like that. I mean, I totally see where there would be individual differences, but to have a whole group all outgoing opposed to another that is not, kind of funny. I haven't gone out of my way to spend more time with these than the others. It makes me wonder, is it the line they come from, are just a few ducklings extra brave and leading the way for the others,, doesn't really matter, just fun to wonder. I totally see where more time would be a big factor, wish I had the time to make pets out of all of them....that would be a hoot!
smile.png

how cute. my new little ducklings are totally curious to see who i am when i poke my head in there. i saw 2 little heads come out from the sides on mommy to see what this thing is looking at them
love.gif
i hope they are friendly tooo

Back
Top Bottom