Friends chicken has bumblefoot??

The Frostbitten comb is there a bad odor? If there is no odor or indication of infection with the comb, I would leave it alone. Don't handle it. If you are desperate to put something on it, then I would only use Vetericyn spray so the comb does not have to be "handled".
If the comb smells bad (infection) then I would administer antibiotics. You can find Procaine Penicillin G at Tractor Supply. Again, the only thing else I might do is spray it with Vetericyn.

The foot - I see where he must have had a band or something wrapped around it? That has since healed. The foot pad is awfully swollen. To me the foot does not look like it has Frostbite, the end of that toe looks like Footpad Dermatitis or Pododermatitis which is like bumblefoot. I would try daily soakings in epsom salts, dry well, then apply some triple antibiotic ointment or vetericyn. Wrap the foot and keep him on clean dry bedding.
I think it would be hard to perform "surgery" on the toe. You could also try using Tricide Neo, from what I understand it works well in treating foot infections if you are consistent with daily soakings.

His nails could use a trimming as well, work on those weekly until they are shorter.

The Frostbitten comb is there a bad odor? If there is no odor or indication of infection with the comb, I would leave it alone. Don't handle it. If you are desperate to put something on it, then I would only use Vetericyn spray so the comb does not have to be "handled".
If the comb smells bad (infection) then I would administer antibiotics. You can find Procaine Penicillin G at Tractor Supply. Again, the only thing else I might do is spray it with Vetericyn.

The foot - I see where he must have had a band or something wrapped around it? That has since healed. The foot pad is awfully swollen. To me the foot does not look like it has Frostbite, the end of that toe looks like Footpad Dermatitis or Pododermatitis which is like bumblefoot. I would try daily soakings in epsom salts, dry well, then apply some triple antibiotic ointment or vetericyn. Wrap the foot and keep him on clean dry bedding.
I think it would be hard to perform "surgery" on the toe. You could also try using Tricide Neo, from what I understand it works well in treating foot infections if you are consistent with daily soakings.

His nails could use a trimming as well, work on those weekly until they are shorter.
alright i will tell her that. she’s going to trim the nails tonight.

how does she remove it?
It's hard to tell if there is a lot there to remove or not. I would do the soakings, put ointment on and wrap it for a few days. See if that softens it enough for the scab to come off. It's really in a tricky spot. That extra "digit" I am assuming is part of another toe(?) but I'm just not sure. I would try something none-invasive first.
Can she order some Tricide Neo?

upload_2019-2-12_8-57-35.png

@Wyorp Rock do you think there is a drop of silkie in there because of the toe and what is that whitish thing under the ear please ?
03720d61-40c7-4efd-81f8-e396bb4d817b-png.1670342
Granny, I don't know! Good question. I could see where that's a possibility, it does look like two toes fused together!

The whitish thing is the earlobe as far as I can tell. He may have some Leghorn in there as well, single comb and fairly upright stance.
I am by not any chance a breed or genetics person.

upload_2019-2-12_9-17-34.png

Back
Top Bottom