Frizzle Cochin Bantams

Mr. Ree

Songster
12 Years
Feb 7, 2007
South Central, KY
Is it me or have Frizzle Cochin Bantams become very hard to find? I used to show them and alot of people seemed to have alot of interest in them. I had to sale my birds a few years ago and now I am wishing I would have just kept them. I have been searching for quality birds for about a year now and can not find any anywhere. Is there anyone on this forum that raises TRUE SQ Frizzle Cochin Bantams, or can point me in the direction of being able to find some? I really would love to have birds again but its very hard to find anything.

~Casey

Hi Casey, Good to see you posting again. I am raising Frizzled Bantam Cochins in Black and Blue Mottled only. You can see Duster and his group of ladies on my Website.

I remember the ones you used to have and they were awesome. My line is from Judy Gantt

Last edited:
I had a large assortment of Frizzled Bantam Cochins at the begining of this year. In my roosters I had Birchen, Columbian, Buff Columbian, Partridge, and Black. I hatched a lot of really nice birds ( smooth and straight ) including a blue Birchen that I kept for myself. I had the absolute hardest time selling chicks. Noone showed any interest at all in my Frizzleds. So a month or so ago I sold off all of my adults ( for far less than I paid for them ) and sold the chicks for cheap cheap cheap just to move them. I don't understand it at all. Everyone I asked said they looked "gross" or "deformed". I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I still have a few birds left that I haven't been able to move yet, the Columbian and Partridge Rooster as well as a handful of black and birchen chicks.

I also had a hard time finding good birds so I toook the best ones I could find and have been putting very good cochin blood into them for 2 years and they are coming along nicely getting better each generation.

It has been awhile since I have been on. Judy has great birds, alot of my stock came from her. I called her a couple weeks ago and she has some she is going through and said she would let me know something. I am only interested in White. My goal before was to breed a Champion bird. That is still my goal but cant find any good stock to start with. And I really dont want to breed good quality straight feathered birds over hatchery stock, it will only mess up good bloodlines. The only person I know who has great birds is Sheryl Butler and Judy Gantt. If all else fails I will just have to get hatchery birds and breed with what I can get. There are a few pics on my BYC page you can look at to see what I had accomplished with my birds before I had to sale. And I am in no major hurry to get started again, still have a few things to get straightened out in my life, but it would be nice to know there are quality birds still out there to get started in. This has become a feat in itself. Lol. I shall not give up, I really miss my birds and cant wait to get some again.

~Casey

Edit to say that the pic of the bird in my avatar is one of the birds I used to have. He was an amazing bird but was killed by a raccoon or some other critter. You can also check the Cochins International site to see pics of birds I used to breed from.

Last edited:
Mr. Ree :

It has been awhile since I have been on. Judy has great birds, alot of my stock came from her. I called her a couple weeks ago and she has some she is going through and said she would let me know something. I am only interested in White. My goal before was to breed a Champion bird. That is still my goal but cant find any good stock to start with. And I really dont want to breed good quality straight feathered birds over hatchery stock, it will only mess up good bloodlines. The only person I know who has great birds is Sheryl Butler and Judy Gantt. If all else fails I will just have to get hatchery birds and breed with what I can get. There are a few pics on my BYC page you can look at to see what I had accomplished with my birds before I had to sale. And I am in no major hurry to get started again, still have a few things to get straightened out in my life, but it would be nice to know there are quality birds still out there to get started in. This has become a feat in itself. Lol. I shall not give up, I really miss my birds and cant wait to get some again.

~Casey

Edit to say that the pic of the bird in my avatar is one of the birds I used to have. He was an amazing bird but was killed by a raccoon or some other critter. You can also check the Cochins International site to see pics of birds I used to breed from.

Casey, I'm sending you a PM.​

Back
Top Bottom