Frizzle cochin questions

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SmartyChick, Dec 30, 2009.

1. SmartyChick

SmartyChick An Official Milkmaid

Oct 19, 2009
    Sullivan County NY
    Hey everyone....
    I think my "mistake" chickens a frizzle cochin, we got him from a poultry farm and he was supposed to be a buff orp. Can anyone tell me about this breed (if it even it a breed), like it's personality and stuff like that? I would also appreciate pics, to make sure. Thanks for looking

2. BlueMottie

BlueMottie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    Rock
    Quote:Frizzles can be found in any breed, but are particularily common in cochins, polish, and rocks. Frizzles are considered a class of their own, following the color variety.

Cochins themselves have very mellow natures, though occasionally you can have a snotty cock like I have-problem is I need him to fertilize the eggs.
    I've found that cochin chicks are very curious and friendly, especially after you've handled them.

Here's an example of a frizzle cochin:

http://www.eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1261726631

3. kennedyscochins

kennedyscochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    Quote:I think you will be happy with your mistake chicken. Personally, I think cochins are the best! They are very gentle, great mothers! I have 60+ cochins and love every one of them! I have a 3 year old and 1 year old that play with the chickens. That's how friendly they are!

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I have Sizzles which are a cochin mix (silkie/frizzled cochin), and bantam cochins, and I love them. They're friendly, adorable and so far, I haven't hit a mean one. Good luck with yours and may you find more! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by