Frizzle cochin

Pampered chicken girl

I can't control their fear, only my own
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
USA
Well....we were watching AGT the other night and we saw the Frizzle cochin and... Now we want one. I don't know much about frizzles or conch ins but I'm hoping to learn more through this thread. Also if anyone in the southwest Florida area has a Frizzle cochin for sale I might be interested but it has to be a bantam. Thank you

I don't usually watch AGT, but my sister insisted I check out the girl with the "trick" chickens.

I have a red frizzle Cochin Bantam. I was reluctant to take her as part of a package deal from a friend who was downsizing her flock because I had heard the little frizzles don't deal well with frigid weather. Gabby, who talks All The Time, has successfully survived three Iowa winters with no issues.

She looks like a little red feather duster and sounds like the chicken version of Eeyore, always a bit depressed. Her coop mate is a barred Cochin Bantam, and they are nearly inseparable when out with the rest of the flock. Plus, they lay the cutest little eggs.

Hope you get your frizzle -- I KNOW you will fall in love!

Well....we were watching AGT the other night and we saw the Frizzle cochin and... Now we want one. I don't know much about frizzles or conch ins but I'm hoping to learn more through this thread. Also if anyone in the southwest Florida area has a Frizzle cochin for sale I might be interested but it has to be a bantam. Thank you
Hi! I know the frizzle Cochin that was on AGT very well. Her name is Trilla and Zoe is my daughter. Trilla was the first chick Zoe ever hatched out of an incubator and is Zoe’s favorite hen. Zoe has loved training Trilla, she is so smart, and loves to do her tricks, but is also super sweet and cuddly. I can’t recommend the breed more! The only thing with the frizzles is that their feathers are more delicate so they get real scruffy looking before they molt. Also they aren’t as waterproof in the rain. I’m glad you saw the show! Too bad you aren’t in California, Zoe LOVES hatching babies for people. Good luck! Christina

I would personally try to get one somewhere other than a commercial hatchery. I got a few last year and my female I kept (other 4 were males and awful temperamentwise as well) was actually a frazzle. Poor thing was always half naked. Friendly as all get out and I adored her, but it was obvious that Crispy Critter wasn't a nice, pretty frizzle
20211201_095309.jpg
20211201_095324.jpg
20211201_095321.jpg
20211201_095335.jpg

Maybe Crispy Critter made up for her lack of conventional beauty with a sparkling personality? She's still kind of cute in a weird way.

@agilitymonkey, how very cool that we have Trilla's "grandmother" in our midst! I think that will draw even more fans to watch Zoe and her flock; I know I'll tune in!
Oh she did, hundred percent. But she still was unhealthy because of the double gene she had.

Hi! I know the frizzle Cochin that was on AGT very well. Her name is Trilla and Zoe is my daughter. Trilla was the first chick Zoe ever hatched out of an incubator and is Zoe’s favorite hen. Zoe has loved training Trilla, she is so smart, and loves to do her tricks, but is also super sweet and cuddly. I can’t recommend the breed more! The only thing with the frizzles is that their feathers are more delicate so they get real scruffy looking before they molt. Also they aren’t as waterproof in the rain. I’m glad you saw the show! Too bad you aren’t in California, Zoe LOVES hatching babies for people. Good luck! Christina
OMG that's amazing your daughter is very talented I wish my chickens could do that. I really hope I can find some frizzle cochins down here. Our chickens are kept in a run so then don't get wet and no predators get them. I have 13 chickens now, hopefully 14 soon.:fl:D

Back
Top Bottom