C'est La Vie
Aug 16, 2015
Baldwin Park, California
My Coop
My Coop
Hi!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I recently did some chicken addition and ending up adding 5 silkies to my flock!
I got them from a local breeder. She was not sure who laid the egg but she is guessing it was these two:

She also had a paint silkie that she thinks could be the mother to two of them.

In total, I got 5. The two that she called "paint" she thinks was produced by the two parents above. I also got a "lavender," blue and white one.

Here are the chicks (also in their brooder are my two Easter Egger's and Australorp):
*Apologies for the photo spam but I really want you guys to get a good look

These are the first three I got. Is the one on the left considered lavender? Or is it blue?

They were moving all over!
1) Once again, is the lighter gray one considered lavender?
2) The two white ones in the middle were what she called "paint."
Do any of you have any idea what color
they are? Also are they frizzles? Their feathers aren't super straight but not super curly either!
I have a week old white silkie from her and the feathers look nothing like the paint ones.

Thank you!!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Also cross posted to silkie threads!

Updated pictures of my silkie babies!
love.gif

It's picture heavy so I apologize in advance!
(Captions will be on top of the picture, instead of the bottom)

One of the "paints." I think it's going to be more of a white with brown an black.
Also, it's obvious now that the mama is the sizzle because I think they are also going to be sizzles?
The two pictures below are of Alaska.

This is Luna! :)

The other "paint" which I believe is also a sizzle. The two pictures below are Aspen!

This is my lavender silkie - Keira.

This is the blue one - Dakota.

Here they are with my two Easter Egger's (Bambi and Rebel) and Australorp (Marguex).

Two of my silkies and my two sizzle's!

The sizzle duo (;

Chicks!

Back
Top Bottom