Frizzle Contest! ~CLOSED!~

Quote:
Wow, your mottled blue hen is absolutly gorgeous! Where did you get her, any have any eggs
wink.png

Thanks so much for the comments. I got her back in 2003 from a breeder in North Carolina. She passed away a couple of years ago. I placed with her at my very first show in 2003 and won Reserve Frizzle. The babies are some of her grandchildren. I don't have any eggs right now. I lost just about my whole flock 2 summers ago and I am working now on trying to get it back together. I had about 75 cochins and lost all but 12. Now I only have 8. So hopefully by next Spring, I will have some good layers and lots of little ones!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Do you have to breed mottled to mottled to get a mottled, or is like with blues, where you could get blue, black or splash?

Quote:
You can't have a smooth bird that carries the frizzled gene. 1 copy of the gene results in frizzled feathered birds, 2 copies is a curly, if it's not either of these, its not carrying the gene
smile.png

I absolutely love that blue mottled, she was gorgeous!

LilPeeps,
I am not trying to sound contradictory, but I am confused. I have a rooster that is "regular feathered, out of a frizzle hen and a "regular" roo. he passes on the frizzle, bred to flat feathered hens. Is it me? I am confused?? I know it is him, because I have pure RIR bantam hens he breeds sometimes, and the chicks usually come out frizzled.

Back
Top Bottom