Frizzle Frenzy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FrizzleRooster, Mar 30, 2015.

1. FrizzleRooster

FrizzleRooster Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2015
    Whitwell, Tennessee
    Hi guys! I'm FrizzleRooster, a proud chicken papa. I have 3 hens in my coop. I have a Blue Cooper Marans , a Speckled Sussex , and a Splash Polish. I am expecting 5 babies from mypetchicken.com. I ordered a Barnevelder hen, a Buff Laced Polish hen, a White Crested Black Polish, and 2 Black Frizzle Roosters. I'm excited but nervous, because I don't know how the big girls will react to the babies. So I'm open to any suggestions.[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you are putting together a nice little flock!
    With the chicks, it is best to wait until the birds are about the same size before trying to combine them, and have a long period of the two flocks being able to see each other but no touching, through wire seem to work best, ie dividing the coop into two sections or keeping the new/younger ones in a cage inside the coup for a couple of weeks to a month at least. The chickens will get to know each other and sort of work out a pecking order before actually coming in contact with each other. After a week or two, letting them free range together is a good idea and should help... It will take a couple of weeks to get the pecking order sorted out. There is a nice article in the Learning Center on integrating flocks you might like to check out, the part about actually combining them is after the quarantine section https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/adding-to-your-flock

1 person likes this.
  3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Always Thankful Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG]and Welcome to BYC![​IMG]

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Hello, and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined our community.

Sounds like you have a lovely little flock! Be sure to keep the chicks separate until they are at least 8 weeks old and around the size of the adult birds.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Enjoy your flock! I think they are gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by