Frizzle roo question

weirdtalon

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 20, 2013
Hi all,
I was wondering if my frizzles comb is bad for his breed standards, a buddy of mine says they are only supposed to have rose combs.
I love him no matter what but I was curious about this. Thanks!

That's not a frizzle, it's a silkie (actually I suspect a silkie mix), and silkies are supposed to have walnut combs. Yours maybe has this, I can't really tell from the picture. However silkies should have mulberry combs and wattles and yours has red.

Frizzle is actually not a breed, just a feather type, and many different breeds of chicken can be frizzles, and their standards all call for different types of combs. There is no one comb type that any frizzle chicken is supposed to have.

Last edited:
That's not a frizzle, it's a silkie (actually I suspect a silkie mix), and silkies are supposed to have walnut combs. Yours maybe has this, I can't really tell from the picture. However silkies should have mulberry combs and wattles and yours has red.

Frizzle is actually not a breed, just a feather type, and many different breeds of chicken can be frizzles, and their standards all call for different types of combs. There is no one comb type that any frizzle chicken is supposed to have.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

I think he has a buttercup comb, its like someone sandwiched two single combs together at the top of his head in a purple color.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom