1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Frizzle Serama...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by erysette, May 18, 2017.

1. Male... go ahead and cry.

100.0%
  2. Female! Yippee! Let's dance.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Much too young to know.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. erysette

erysette Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm not familiar with seramas. This is my first chick. I was hopeful that it might be a girl. It developed tail feathers and pin feathers super quickly. Then it sprouted the comb. It's too pink to be a female, right? No?

Only two weeks old, so I know that's way early, but again, I'm unfamiliar with seramas and thought I heard they mature a little faster?

Anyway, here are some pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Cluckingham01

Cluckingham01 Just Hatched

May 16, 2017
    Not sure but looks like a male to me.

3. Hawk1997_

Hawk1997_ New Egg

May 18, 2017
    He's such a cutie!!! But I heard the best time to know it's gender is around 6 month but I could be wrong.

4. ECSandCCFS

ECSandCCFS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2013
    Georgia
    I agree
    And :welcome

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    My friend got serama pullets years ago, and they had big combs (not red). I was sure she had cockerels but they both ended up being egg laying hens. I think the bantam breeds may develop faster and show combs early.

BTW they are her most robust chickens, she's had several silkies come & go in the five years she has had seramas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by