Frizzle With 5 Toes?

freemare

Songster
7 Years
Apr 8, 2016
I just picked up two of the same chick at a local store and trying to figure out what they are. I think they have the frizzle gene but they both have 5 toes. What breed do you think they could be?

Attachments

• IMG_5523.JPG
    IMG_5523.JPG
    448.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_5525.JPG
    IMG_5525.JPG
    413.3 KB · Views: 86
Genetics can be fun, I had a white D’Uccle with extra toes. It can happen as a crazy throw back when breeding for certain traits.
Wow I did not know this, I just saw the frizzle feather and had to get them. I dont have any of the gen and color and just wanted them to add to my flock. I hope they are both girls.

They look white, maybe cream.
As far as I know the five toes is a silkie gene, but white skin? I’m stumped. Do any other breeds have 5 toes?
Faverolles, Dorkings, Houdans and Silkies all have five toes, which is why I think these are either Faverolles x frizzled Cochin or frizzled Cochin with something with five toes further back in their ancestry. Booted bantams have white skin but only four toes and I don't know if they come in frizzled varieties. And purebred Faverolles with frizzling would be rare if they exist at all, and not something you'd find at a feed store.

They definitely look like frizzles. They could be sizzles (lowercase s) which is typically a frizzled (something) x Silkie that has some Silkie characteristics but not all the ones they should to be Sizzles (capital S). I have 3 sizzles - two are frizzled and have 5 toes, but red combs, one has yellow legs and a walnut comb. The third is not frizzled (nor does she have Silkie feathers) but she has 5 toes and a black walnut comb.

Back
Top Bottom